Northern Europe October

1kaper

My husband and I have a trip planned for November but are considering changing. 

It started because we have flight credits for an airline that have to be used. The problem is, flights are pretty limited. All the Europe flights are done end of October. We wanted to go away November but will do October. No earlier. 

It’s supposed to be a “cheap” trip. Just a quick get away. Originally it was an AirBnb in a Caribbean country but the flights are terrible. Normally we love warm weather. Mostly we just want to relax, sitting by the pool with a drink. The MSC Caribbean cruises aren’t really exciting me. 

I have found a Northern Europe cruise for a great price. Obviously not warm. It would be on the MSC Preziosa. 

Anyone done this cruise?  Feedback? 

6 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

I would say, northern Europe is not cold in November, if you are in bad luck it's lousy cold😁 and wet.

Why not in the med area.....

October is what we are looking at for this trip.  All flights to Europe with this airline end the end of October. 

I looked at the Med.  It would mean travelling to another part of France to get on the ship which probably isn't much of an issue. But. With the Northern Europe option, the drinks and wifi package is like an extra hundred each.  All the med cruises are way more.  We would like to have the drink package. So it becomes not as cheap of a trip. 

What is the actual itinerary ? And early/late October ?

I'm booked on a Virtuosa sailing out of the UK which is heading to France and Spain in October. Might be a better option ? Not saying it will be warm but more chance heading south than north to Germany/Holland/Scandinavia.

32 minutes ago, defbref said:

What is the actual itinerary ? And early/late October ?

I'm booked on a Virtuosa sailing out of the UK which is heading to France and Spain in October. Might be a better option ? Not saying it will be warm but more chance heading south than north to Germany/Holland/Scandinavia.

Brugges, Rotterdam, Hamburg, Southhampton and Le Havre. I haven't picked a date but leaning towards earlier October. 

8 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

Ok, that's not north.....thought you think about Norway or Sweden....

Early October may work....may be windy.....last year we (DE west) had temperatures in the 80s at that time

i was just referring to it as they did. They called it  Northern Europe 

455FA252-5BC5-4215-8CDE-4857BF419D60.jpeg