RCCI credit card

lojill

you don't purchase it- you apply for it! And yes- it does work- we just cashed in enough points for $150 in onboard credits for our upcoming cruise, and we have had it for about a year... it is a regular credit card like any other- ie they lend you money and you should pay your balance every month but many- like us:rolleyes: don't always do that... we used it to pay for the cruise and the excursions, and that gets you more 'points'...if you really save up yr points you can book a 'free' cruise- is it really free?- NO! , as you have paid all those interest charges, etc... but- if you would have done that anyway on a regular credit card, then at least you are getting something for throwing yr money away:D ...

We've had it for some time now, and have just cashed in for our first reward, a free 7 night cruise for 2!, Well, sort of. The coupon is good for an "outside" cabin, with a maximum value of $2,500. We could have gotten a D1 and paid something like $50, but realized we could get a Grand Suite for just over $1,000! I think I've made a TERRIBLE mistake! Once DW sees the cabin, I think it will be all suites going forward. Well, at least every year and half, the time it took to build up the points for the free cruise.

We have one and we are using it.

We are saving up for the free 7 night caribbean for 2.

(That 'costs' 125k points)

I think, once we hit that reward, we are going to switch to a credit card that rewards free air tickets instead. It seems that we could save more money, and would get a lot more use, from a card that had air rewards instead of cruise rewards.

Just my opinon

How does it work when you "cash-in" your points for Onboard Credit. Do you receive a coupon that you take with you to the ship, or mail it to RCL, or what happens? Also, once you receive the Onboard Credit coupon, how soon does it have to be used. I have 15,000 points that I would like to cash in, but do not have a cruise booked at this time. I'm looking for a last minute deal and what to have everything ready.

Thanks for you help.

Archived