What time can we get on ship??

You can usually get on the ship pretty early (like 11:30ish), but won't be able to go to your room until around 1:00.

But, it is nice to be able to drop off your bags, eat lunch, and go exploring.

The last time we cruised we were the first folks on board (except for those lucky back-to-back cruisers)!!

I LOVE getting on early!

In the past always 10:30 or 11 like the other posters but latley people have been reporting that their cruise information asks they not board before 2 pm. I am looking forward to some trip reports in the near future that let everyone know if they are enforcing this policy or just writing it and hoping enough people will follow it to make it easier on the staff.

In the past always 10:30 or 11 like the other posters but latley people have been reporting that their cruise information asks they not board before 2 pm. I am looking forward to some trip reports in the near future that let everyone know if they are enforcing this policy or just writing it and hoping enough people will follow it to make it easier on the staff.

The 2pm rule is not being unnecessarily enforced. There is similar signage at the MIA pier as well. I think it's really just a CYA thing. The primary cause of delays in boarding is when the previous cruise has a large # of non US citizens sailing.

This will be a new experience for us, boarding NOS. We're much more familiar with Mariner and Port Canaveral's way of doing things!

The one down side of PC - we've been lucky enough to get on early, 11:30-ish, but the 1st year we were able to drop stuff off in our cabin, the second we weren't. I'm going to be prepared this time - not going to carry on anything but valuables, and swimwear! My daughter was angry last year because she couldn't go swimming until the luggage was delivered, and it was late.

Anyone know if there's limitations on when you can get into the Parking areas (at Miami)? At PC you're not allowed in until 11:00.

candleonwater.......

We're cruising from Port Canaveral for the first time, in two weeks. Do you mean that we won't be able to get to the ship until 11:00, or you can't get into the parking area until then? (We won't be parking....taking a shuttle from the car rental). We were planning to turn our car in about 9:30 - 10:00 and shuttle on over. Do you think that will be too early?

candleonwater.......

We're cruising from Port Canaveral for the first time, in two weeks. Do you mean that we won't be able to get to the ship until 11:00, or you can't get into the parking area until then? (We won't be parking....taking a shuttle from the car rental). We were planning to turn our car in about 9:30 - 10:00 and shuttle on over. Do you think that will be too early?

Take the shuttle over closer to 11. You will not be allowed in the parking area until then, maybe 10:30 but certainly no earlier. They need to have everyone off before they begin boarding.

I honestly don't remember them letting anyone in before 11. The entrance to the parking garage was through the same entrance the shuttle would have to use.

I agree with Nliedel - plan on arriving around 11. The process at PC is so smooth, I'm almost worried about what I'm going to face at Miami.

Archived