Ft. Lauderdale Grande - AKA Marina Marriott

JandD Mom

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know we stayed there pre-cruise on 2/10 and had a wonderful stay. We have been to that resort many times over the years and many of the staff who have been there, and who have made it such a wonderful place, will be staying on.

Our room in the east wing overlooking the intercoastal was terrific, if a little small. There were new comfy mattresses, nice sheets, bath and body works toiletries etc. The room was spottlessly clean. Anything we needed was taken care of immediately.

We had a large group there for dinner. Dinner was ok, but they had a hard time dealing with 11 people for dinner. The menu was very small and there were no specials.

The breakfast buffet was terrific. There were terrific selections, fresh fruits, baked items etc.

The pool area and public areas were as terrific as ever. I would not hesitate to recommend staying there.

Oh, one last thing I forgot. They took 11 of us to the port for the Caribbean Princess for free. Of course we tipped the driver. Whether they will do this under the new owners, I don't know. However, when you check in, inquire at the bell stand in the lobby and sign up for a time. They took us to the CB around 11:30 and we were on board by about 12:20.

Glade you had a great time here. We have book a room for next January before our cruise. Maybe you can answer a question for us. What type of room should we book to get a view of the cruise ships? We are getting different answers from the hotel. Also did you use the water taxi, and where would be a good place to go for lunch for a burger and a beer?

Thanks, Rainbird

Rainbird,

To see the port, you need to be in the tower, which was closed when I was there. I would let them know you would like to be in the tower with a view of the port.

Just FYI, we were in the east wing and had a magnificent view of the yachts and intracoastal waterway. Please don't discount that view! FLL is a beautiful town.

I am sorry, but I am not sure of a casual place within walking distance for burgers and a beer. If you want to take the water taxi, I think Shooters would fit the bill. IF you want something really close by, they serve that fare by the pool bar at the hotel.

I was not sure about that hotel, however, I have always gone to the Marriotts and figured it may be similar. Thank you for the great review as I have reservations for pre and post cruise in July.

Thanks again,

Cathy p.:p

Archived