Buses?

tetleytea

Are all the public buses running on Grand Cayman?   I show a free bus going around Georgetown and 3 routes going around the West End, but all the websites I'm seeing seem to have been last updated in 2021.   Looking to go from the ship to the Turtles and from there walk to Hell.   thanks!

We were there last week and took the yellow bus out to Hell because we just wanted to see some of the area. We stayed on the bus and told the driver we wanted to be dropped off at Public Beach on the way back, which worked well. When we were done at the beach, we just walked back up to the highway and waved down the bus to go back into town. It was an easy walk from there to the ship (we were on Princess).

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, pattycake08 said:

If you take the bus back from Public Beach to town toward the port, how much is it, and do you need exact change?

I don't remember the exact cost but it was around $3 - $5.  You need to use cash but the driver does have change.  As an FYI, the bus is actually a van that holds about 10 people.  They stop whenever someone waves them down.  Nothing fancy but an easy way to get to the beach.

We used the bus in May. It was $2.50 and like people said they don't give change. We went to 7 mile beach. It is a very safe beach you can leave your stuff no problem. Waved down a bus to go back to the ship driver said he was going the other way around island and then back to the ship, we had time so it was a free tour. You have to have a cover up on and can't be wet.