refunds credit card and ccl giftcards??

gazingm42

So we have are paying for our cruises by part of credit / debit cards and also carnival gift cards for 3 different rooms. 

So if for a unforeseen reason carnival cancel our trip, as they have done unfortunately to some cruisers.

How do they refund the payments made by carnival gift cards?  Are these credited as FCC or do they

issue a new gift card, etc.  If they issue it back on a gift card has anyone experience this and how long does

this take????

Thanks

They issue refunds back to the original form of payment. In your case, they will issue you a credit to your cc for the amount you paid, and a new gift card for the amount you paid with a gift card. Refunds take usually, about 10-14 days after your cruise. 

@Joe817  is correct, and I'll add one more bit of detail...  When the gift cards are refunded via the new gift card, you'll wait that 10-14 days before anything happens and then get a FedEx next day air with the refund on each gift card applicable.  The new card(s) will be unrelated to the original one(s) numbers/pin wise, but will be for the refunded amount. 

If, for example, you pay a $78 balance with a $50 gift card and a $28 gift card, you'll get two different replacements (one for $50 and one for $28) rather than one new card for the refunded amount. 

The cards come from a 3rd party vendor that does the same service for Lowes and a few other retailers, so if you have FedEx / UPS / USPS delivery notifications set up, you will not see Carnival as the sender, it'll be something like "cardholder services."

Kinda redic in my mind that they next day air it when they get around to processing it, but that's how they come.

• Thanks 1

Almost all of my gift card refunds were delivered by Fedex.  On one day, I received 5 different envelopes with one card per envelope all processed at the same time.

The most recent refund was sent to my email as an eGift card.

image.png.45135043c4971559c0c03f3257d179fd.png

Curious to know, if refunds from canceled cruises back to gift cards are processed differently than "refunds" of unused gift cards that fund the onboard spending account. We've used gift cards on our past 3 cruises since last September (and others prior to covid), had a remaining balance at end of each cruise from using gc's to fund our onboard spending. Each remaining balance was refunded to an eGift card, which were emailed to us within 24 hours of cruise end. We debarked the Horizon May 9. The email with the eGift card refund was in my inbox at 1:30am on May 9. But again, no clue if those process quicker than cruise fares booked with gc's.