Beach to visit while in Grand Cayman

pete102397

We are going to rent a jeep through Avis and drive up to Rum Point. There are several posts on this board with photos and reviews of the beach and the Wreck Bar. The beach looks perfect: white sand, calm turqouise water, lots of shade. None of the tours through the ship go there, and Nativeways suggested that their tour would not work due to the ship's early departure (we leave at 3). So we're keeping our fingers crossed that the trip to this beautiful beach won't end with four of us waving bye-bye as our ship sails to the next port.

Grand Cayman is so beautiful!! We went to Seven Mile Beach, the tour was through Princess. We rented a lounge chair and there is a place to buy refreshments. We walked the beach and saw where they were building condos. This was a few years ago so they are probably up and running by now. Would love to buy one probably in my next life!! The water was warm and the whole experience was great. Wherever you go you can't beat Grand Cayman. Have a wonderful time.

Grand Cayman is a big sand bar, sure 7 mile beach is pretty. But I found most of the people to be unfriendly unless they had there hand in your pocket. If I'm on a cruise that stops there again I probably won't get off the boat. But that's just me.

The tour we took was Madebyus. Sound it out slowly....... I found about Moby Dick tours from here . They droped us off at the Royal Palms on 7 Mile Beach. Stringay Swim was 25 bucks. Medium size boat, about 20 people were on board the day we did it. Great time , super nice crew. They dropped us off after at the Royal Palms.It's right on the beach. Bus back to the cruise tender was 15 minutes but they wait till the bus is full.5 bucks each I think, maybe a couple of pops too many that afternoon. lol Great view. One of the best thrills of life so far. Two thumbs up:) :)

Archived