swim with dolphins timing and family recommendations

kitkat343

Hi my kids would love to swim with the dolphins.  But my youngest is 3, and is only eligible for a dolphin touch (not swim) program.  Unfortunately, although the dolphin swim options are available  all day long, dolphin touch is only available at 9:30 and 4:30.  Our ship docks from 8 am to 4 pm.  Would we have enough time to get to the dolphin place by 9:30?  Cruise tour not an option because they only offer dolphin swim with a minimum age of 6.

Also, are there any other places in Bermuda you'd recommend a family visit (kids are aged 11, 6 and 3)?

14 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

Hi my kids would love to swim with the dolphins.  But my youngest is 3, and is only eligible for a dolphin touch (not swim) program.  Unfortunately, although the dolphin swim options are available  all day long, dolphin touch is only available at 9:30 and 4:30.  Our ship docks from 8 am to 4 pm.  Would we have enough time to get to the dolphin place by 9:30?  Cruise tour not an option because they only offer dolphin swim with a minimum age of 6.

Also, are there any other places in Bermuda you'd recommend a family visit (kids are aged 11, 6 and 3)?

You would have enough time. You will probably be off by 8:30. It is a short walk from where the ship berths. I could walk it in 5 minutes. Might take you ten minutes with a three year old.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 12:39 PM, kitkat343 said:

Dolphin touch is the right way to go. The dolphin swim is not worth the trip, as the saying goes, especially not for young kids.

There is Snorkel Park, which is within easy walking distance of the dolphins. Swim, snorkel, enjoy the beach. Not the best beach but close. I believe the price is now $15.00 per person per day. There is a miniature golf course in the same area.

You could grab a taxi and go to one of the beaches, like Horseshoe. Or hire a taxi for 4 hours to bring your family to BAMZ ( Bermuda Aquarium and Zoo) and then maybe stop at the Swizzle Inn for lunch.Keeping the driver with you at all times will ensure you make it back to your ship in time for embarkation. Happy Sailing!!

• Like 2