Embarkation Time - Concierge Class

evert9

Hi everyone! I'll be sailing on the Century 11/13/06 and have a Concierge Class cabin. Our sailing time is 5:00pm and as I understand it, Concierge Class passengers can board the ship at a "priority" time. If we don't sail until 5:00pm, what time do Concierge Class passengers board and what time do all of the other passengers board? I have friends that aren't in the Concierge Class of cabins.

Thanks!

If memory serves me correctly when the ship is ready to be boarded they will call on Concierge Class, and suites first, then when they are all in then the others are called. We also had friends with us and they were allowed to come in with us. It doesn't hurt to ask! Bon Voyage!:)

based on past experince, boarding will get going about 10:30 and early birds will be lined up.

Once you get through the metal detectors, you will get to go to the CC class line which is shorter than general boarding. You'll never wait there for more then a few minutes.

It is suggested that you will get on even faster if you arrive at 11AM and let the rush die down.

When they start boarding they sometimes (you may have to look for it) have separate lines for CC class and/or this, which is from the Celebrity website:

Priority Embarkation and Preferential Debarkation

These two privileges, offered to Founder Classic, Select and Elite members, are available at the following ports: Seward, AK; Miami, FL; Fort Lauderdale, FL; Tampa, FL; Baltimore, MD; San Diego, CA; Honolulu, HI; New York, NY; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Harwich, England; Dover, England; Vancouver, British Columbia; Valparaiso, Chile; Barcelona, Spain

We usually sail CC and are also Elite members of the Captain's Club. When we get to check in we look for the shortest line. It's not always CC or Elite.

Hi everyone! I'll be sailing on the Century 11/13/06 and have a Concierge Class cabin. Our sailing time is 5:00pm and as I understand it, Concierge Class passengers can board the ship at a "priority" time. If we don't sail until 5:00pm, what time do Concierge Class passengers board and what time do all of the other passengers board? I have friends that aren't in the Concierge Class of cabins.

Thanks!

We just returned from Infinity in CC class. Our ship didn't depart until 4:30 PM on Sunday. We arrived at the ship at 11:40 AM, left our luggage, went inside the terminal, found the CC line (no one was there at all), got our Seapass card and was on the ship at 12:00. It was awesome!

We loved the extra room in the cabin, anmd on the veranda, for CC. Also, the isotonic pillows, and other amenities. Priority embarkation (same as Captains Club), and separate lounge for disembarkation, were nice perks. The extra space is worth the difference. The other perks are just a bonus.

I really didn't notice the difference in size, just decor. I'd hoped the CC would be a foot wider than cat 2, but it did not seem wider. So the difference in size must be in the length of the cabin.

We'd been in a 2C on Summit. It contained a pull out loveseat sofa and not just a chair, so that was the same. (an inside cabin also contained a love seat).

We were on Millenium for the CC. The balcony size was noticeable in CC, in that it could hold the slightly larger breakfast table, but still no lounger space.

In CC we had 3 in the room and had to put the upholstered desk chair on the balcony in order to walk (maybe "squeeze" would be a better word) between the opened pull out sofa and the balcony door at night. That chair could also be used for breakfast for 3 on the balcony, but it was tight.

I'm confused now. We are CC on Infinity in July. Our ship leaves at 5:30pm. I asked my TA what time the ship starts boarding and she called Celebrity and was told 2:30. Is this info incorrect? Can we really get on sooner? If so, how soon?

Thanks!

I really didn't notice the difference in size, just decor. I'd hoped the CC would be a foot wider than cat 2, but it did not seem wider. So the difference in size must be in the length of the cabin.

We'd been in a 2C on Summit. It contained a pull out loveseat sofa and not just a chair, so that was the same. (an inside cabin also contained a love seat).

Actually, the chair I mentioned in previous post could be called a loveseat. In the 2C it only has one cushion, whereas in the CC it has two cushions and is a couple of feet wider. This is allowed by the 2 1/2 ft extra length of the CC cabin.

Archived