Flight times- EWR

melissany

Sailing on the NCL Breakaway on August 21s to New England and Canada, out of Manhattan. According to the itinerary, the ship departure time is just before midnight on the 21st. We are flying in but only from Western NY so the flight is less than an hour. In theory, it's a 5.5-hour drive but with the cost of parking, gas, and tolls- it was almost the same to fly so that is what we are going with. I know it's not recommended to fly on the same day but given we could end up driving in a pinch if something happened to our flights, and the late departure time of the ship, I feel ok flying on the same day. I am just struggling to pick a time, normally I would take the earliest flight but that would have us arriving at the airport at 7 am, even with the drive to the port that would have us there way too early and we would obviously have our luggage. The second flight lands at EWR at 10:29 am which if it's on time, should have us to the port by 12pm at the latest. I have no clue about boarding times for NCL but that seems like it would work. For the return, I am looking at a 12:25 flight out of Newark (we are also TSA pre-check). Does that seem like it would work? The itinerary shows an arrival time of 7am.

We live in NJ so we know Newark very well.  In August the issue will be thunderstorms which crop up in the afternoons.  When that happends Newark can go from ontime to 3 hour delays in the blink of an eye.  So long as you can leave drive and traffic time as a backup you should be fine .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1