Odyssey of the Seas Civitavecchia Disembarkation Times

maryland

Not sure where to ask this question since it’s specific to the Odyssey, but here goes: Trying to book train tickets for our upcoming cruise. We’re doing a private transfer from Rome to the ship, but will be taking the train back to Rome after the cruise. If we are self-carry, what time can we expect to be allowed to disembark? I know there’s an FB train at 9:16 and 11:16 and regional trains in between which take longer. Would we be able to make the 9:16 train? Thanks

1 minute ago, maryland said:

Not sure where to ask this question since it’s specific to the Odyssey, but here goes: Trying to book train tickets for our upcoming cruise. We’re doing a private transfer from Rome to the ship, but will be taking the train back to Rome after the cruise. If we are self-carry, what time can we expect to be allowed to disembark? I know there’s an FB train at 9:16 and 11:16 and regional trains in between which take longer. Would we be able to make the 9:16 train? Thanks

We just disembarked on Sunday am from ODYSSEY. You can walk off around 6-30 to 7am. Go to your left when you reach the coach parking and there is a Shuttle Bus sign. The city run shuttle is 3 Euro to the train station and takes about twelve minutes. We had  booked the 9.16 train but got there too early and had to wait 90 minutes for the train. Our tickets were not permited to change time. The regional train and another 

Frecce train left while we were waiting. The station is NOT a comfortable place to wait and it was hot.   You can easily have a leisurely breakfast on board and make the 9.16 train  or the one before it which goes direct to Rome Termini . Other trains stop at stops along the way....so depending where you want to go. Rome Termini is crazy busy but right outside the station is a taxi rank. The ship will not tell you about the 3 euro shuttle as they charge 25 US each to take you on the same short trip to the station.

good luck.

• Like 1

While you can save money by purchasing your tickets in advance, this is a good example of one of the costs - your time.

The last minute, walk-up fare is 16 euro.  There is almost zero chance of the Frecce trains being sold out.  Purchased in advance you could get this ticket as low as 10 euro, but isn't your time worth more than 6 euro?

For pikwe012, don't feel too bad.  The Frecce you saw leaving wasn't going to Termini, the 9:16 is the first Frecce that goes to Termini from Civitavecchia.

• Like 2

There are some downsides to taking the earlier regionale trains, which I just detailed in another post.  The regionale is great for a port day visit when you want to squeeze every last minute out of the day but for the beginning or end of a cruise, when you are traveling with luggage, it presents some issues:

1)  They are not capacity controlled and there are no seat assignments 

2)  There is no place for luggage except the racks above the seats.  

3)  The tracks for the regionale trains are three blocks from the main trackhead at Rome Termini.

Personally, I would do as suggested above and enjoy breakfast on the ship and take the 9:16 Frecce.

30 minutes ago, maryland said:

Thanks Euro Cruiser-confirms our decision to spend a little more and take the 9:16 Frecce train.

You can book a ME and YOU ticket and seats for about 26 euro for two.  Take note of carriage number and get on the right one. It's a long walk through the train and people with luggage if you get on the wrong carriage.  We saw #2 and thought it was our carriage but it was actually #6 which was posted on the door itself and not on the front of carriage...if you follow me. 

44 minutes ago, pikwe012 said:

We saw #2 and thought it was our carriage but it was actually #6 which was posted on the door itself and not on the front of carriage...if you follow me. 

I'd forgotten about this but I made the same mistake the first time I took a train in Italy.  Yes, the paper on the door is the carriage number.