Has Celebrity discontinued the pre- and post-cruise hotel packages?

tonto524

NOT Hotels by Celebrity, which seems like a rebranded booking.com.  I mean the 1, 2 and 3 night packages that were offered for a sailing and included taxes, sometimes breakfast and a hotel to pier transfer.  I don't see anything on them anymore and friends who just booked the Connie fall TA tried to book the hotel package in Rome that we have and the agent booked hotel nights only with a transfer from Rome city center, not the hotel.  In a chat with Celebrity on Cruisingpower, I was told there was nothing in writing on this.  Anyone have a clue??? Thanks very much!

Linda

I had a similar experience trying to book a late September 2022 pre-cruise night+transfer in Barcelona and a post-cruise night+transfer in Rome. "Nothing available" was X's response 12 months before sailing.  (I also had similar experiences for cruise reservations with Crystal and Windstar during the past 18 months.)

11 hours ago, kmtoner said:

I had a similar experience trying to book a late September 2022 pre-cruise night+transfer in Barcelona and a post-cruise night+transfer in Rome. "Nothing available" was X's response 12 months before sailing.  (I also had similar experiences for cruise reservations with Crystal and Windstar during the past 18 months.)

You probably won’t have to worry about that with Crystal any more.

• Haha 2

We succeeded to get a pre-cruise hotel package with transport from Rome Fiumicino (Hilton) to Civitaveccia and post- cruise transport back to airport. We used Agency but the billing and contract+ price came from Celebrity added to the cruise bill. So it is existing in some format at least.

Note:  The price for the hotel + transport as a Celebrity service seems to be double compared to self made reservations but in our case due to the late reservation and available discounts the  price was comparable to self -made arrangements + easy option.

CeleryCruiser, how long ago did you book this? We booked the Hotel Cicerone months ago and friends now joining us on the cruise can only book the hotel as a Hotels by Celebrity booking with no transfer. I can’t find anyone at Celebrity who can confirm that our hotel package still exists as a package.

Has anyone else booked the Cicerone or Crowne Plaza as a pre cruise package?

Thanks,

Linda

We made our reservation in the beginning of May - and our cruise will be in the beginning of July. That time they had a offer of 25% off from pre/ post arrangements+ flights and Elevate for all.

BTW: Couldn't get Celebrity flights as they were routed all with + 6 hours schedules  with quite interesting options like via Istanbul🙄 and Beograd/ Serbia 🙄 and no non-stop options (from Helsinki to Rome is 3,5h flight).

I called Celebrity last week to ask this very question.  They directed me to their website:  www.hotels.celebrity *****.  As far as I can tell, this only shows hotels.  Nothing about bundling hotel with transportation to pier.

In our situation, we’re flying into Rome a day before our October 5 Apex departure.   Decided  to book hotel on our own and use Romecabs for getting us out to cruise terminal.

Just booked my 8/26 cruise. To and from Civitavecchia /FCO I booked Rome Cabs. 140€ each way, pay CC to driver. Very quick snd complete confirmation on line. Meet you right at ship and in lobby of my pre night hotel (Rome Marriott Park Hotel). 

• Like 1