Pride Debark and Transfer Question

80sGal

Also posted in another thread about the Pride.   What do you recommend for the transfer back on the morning of debarkation?   I know how smoothly the process has been going for us with 4 cruises now since the restart in the US -- straight through the customs line, out to the taxi and at MIA in under 30 minutes from the time we are called to debark.  But what about Europe?  I had planned to just take the Carnival transfer, but how long does that process take??  I assume we would have to wait until a shuttle was full.   Would it be easier to pre-book a car service?  That's how we are getting to Dover (a couple of days early, pre-cruise), but if I go that route, then how would I choose a time for them to pick us up?   Would 8:30 a.m. be reasonable?  9:00?   I don't want to be charged for the service waiting on us, but I also don't want to have to sit and wait on them .... and I'm assuming that taxis aren't just standing by to go to London/LHR.   Or are they?  That's quite a long haul.   The private car to Dover ran 205 (in pounds), while Carnival's shuttle would be 200 USD for the two of us.   So, price wise, it makes sense to take a car back, but I have no idea how long the debarkation process takes, or how to plan a return car to be at the port at the right time.   Flight Time is a non-issue, as we are staying an extra day, but I want to be able to go into London for some sightseeing by early afternoon after we drop our bags at the LHR hotel.   Any help from seasoned Pride cruisers?   trying to get excursions, hotels and bookings all finalized so I can relax until time for the trip!   Thanks! 

I would love to know what time people are getting off the ship and to the transportation area. I have booked a car for 6am but that may be ambitious. 

On other cruises people are awakened early, early and i expect the same this time but I would love to hear from the voice of experience.