Carnival WiFi Packages

mr. godfredo

11 hours ago, notscb said:

On the dream, TikTok was relatively fast with the premium plan, and YouTube as well. YMMV, as ship wifi can be really hit or miss depending on traffic, time of day, itinerary, age of network infrastructure onboard, cabin location and your physical location on deck. When I was on RCL in May, the wifi worked great everywhere except for my own stateroom. On Carnival Dream in December, it was great and fast everywhere.

We also had great internet on the Dream last November.  However, the chat text plan on the Hub App sucked big time!  It only worked about a third of the time. It kept saying it was trying to connect...

On 1/3/2023 at 12:37 PM, notscb said:

Where are you cruising to? For us, our verizon unlimited plan covered us for some data + unlimited talk/text while we were in Mexico and covers a bunch of other countries- it might be worth exploring if you travel frequently. Verizon also has a travel pass program where for $10/day ( i think) you can get temporary (24 hour) service- I can't remember if the Travel Pass program only covers Canada+Mexico or if other countries are included, but might be worth looking into.

Yes, it was $10/day back in October and it covered me for a 24-hour period while we were in Grand Cayman and Cozumel.  I might not have opted for it, but we had been rear-ended in Miami only ten minutes away from our pre-cruise hotel and I NEEDED to keep in touch with the other persons' insurance.  😮  

10 hours ago, Pellaz said:

😮  

OH MY GOSH. That is nightmare fuel for me, especially when you were about to go on vacation out of the country and were going to be essentially out of reach. I hope you and yours were okay and still able to enjoy your trip!

On 1/6/2023 at 2:31 PM, notscb said:

OH MY GOSH. That is nightmare fuel for me, especially when you were about to go on vacation out of the country and were going to be essentially out of reach. I hope you and yours were okay and still able to enjoy your trip!

We really enjoyed the trip (Horizon, back in October), and 2 out of 3 people were okay.  One had dental issues crop up later. 

Second time I've been rear-ended on the eve of a cruise, too.   

Important safety tip:  don't ride with me right before a cruise.  🙂