MSC Seashore 6/4/22 sailing review

3StarfishKids

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 11:34 AM, MANDMTRAVEL said:

Were you able to communicate with your family through the MSC app?  Do you need to buy internet packages for everybody to be able to text between us on the ship?  

Sorry for the delayed response- all the adults were able to communicate through the MSC for me app chat function. It did not work for our children- we went to customer service and found out that it was not available for anyone until 18. We all have iPhones though and we were able to use iMessage on the ships WiFi for no additional charge. We also found that we could send and receive iMessages to people off the ship as well for no additional charge. We kept our phones in airplane mode, connected to the ships WiFi and it worked. Not sure if androids can do anything similar or not. 
Also you could send iMessages but not images. We also got all sorts of notifications through the ships WiFi (ring cameras, Snapchat, FaceTime calls, etc) but could not view or answer any of them on the ships WiFi without paying an additional fee. My kids said all the notifications were just taunting them lol 

10 hours ago, 3StarfishKids said:

Sorry for the delayed response- all the adults were able to communicate through the MSC for me app chat function. It did not work for our children- we went to customer service and found out that it was not available for anyone until 18. We all have iPhones though and we were able to use iMessage on the ships WiFi for no additional charge. We also found that we could send and receive iMessages to people off the ship as well for no additional charge. We kept our phones in airplane mode, connected to the ships WiFi and it worked. Not sure if androids can do anything similar or not. 
Also you could send iMessages but not images. We also got all sorts of notifications through the ships WiFi (ring cameras, Snapchat, FaceTime calls, etc) but could not view or answer any of them on the ships WiFi without paying an additional fee. My kids said all the notifications were just taunting them lol 

Thanks!!!!! We have iphones and this is great news!