Anyone Ever Come Close To Missing The Ship Booking With Private Excursion Companies??

RAIDERMOM

Does anyone have any horror stories about cutting it close to get back to the ship when using excursion companies not booked through the cruiseline.

I am thinking about cave tubing and want to book with Cave-tubing.com

but I have some concerns. I heard excursions booked thru the cruise line have first priority for the tenders, the whole cave tubing experience is 5 hours long and I am nervous about making it back in time. If we book thru the cruiseline at least the boat will wait if we are delayed. Can anyone ease my mind

I have read a LOT of reviews on various independent excursions and only one became concerned because he thought they might not make it back in time (because of a vehicle breakdown), but they finally made it back with a little time to spare.

These operators know their reputation would be ruined if they caused someone to miss their ship. I've read that the cave tour operators watch out for each other and if an unforeseen breakdown happens another operator will help transport cruisers in their bus/van.

I now book all of our excursions with independents and have never worried about missing the ship. Just make sure you know what time you need to be back at your ship and let the tour guides know in advance.

John

Archived