Things to do in Majahaul

TrustNoOneKMC

OK, after reading the boards for Costa Maya, I have decided to take a taxi to Majahaul beach for the afternoon. My question is, are there any activities going on in/around the Majahaul beach area? Kayak rentals, Volleyball, Group activities, hammocks, or anything else? I heard this is the beach most people enjoy, and I would love to go there. However, I do not really want to join another shore excursion, and my father doesn't want to just "sit on the beach." I know there are shops and restaurants, but I was looking for a bit more activity. Can you see any fish if you Snorkel from the shore. (I have only snorkeled once, and my father has never snorkeled, so just seeing colorful fish would be cool. We are planning an official snorkel excursion during our Belize stop for better snorkeling.) Any bad creatures in the water (jellyfish, sea lice, sea nettles, etc.)? We will be traveling on Carnival Glory May 20th. Thank you very much for any information you can provide.

We went to costa maya last week and it was very nice out. We rented a golf cart to drive around for the day. You can rent it and drive it over to majahaul. The LITTLE town is extremely poor it was very sad. We arrived pretty early when they were still setting up shops and we got massages on the beach 45min for 20 bucks. I think i could of done that over and over and it would have been great. Very relaxing The water is not all that and there was alot of stuff in it in many areas. There is a resturant/bar at the very beginning of the town that is pretty nice and it has a nice beach. It was recommended by the golf cart people. We went back to that place after we drove our golf cart way down the beach and walked around.

When you get off the ship in Costa Maya you exit the back of the port complex to a taxi stand ( look for signs overhead ) and there is a golf cart rental area there. Cost about $ 30 for two hours or $65 for the day. $5.00 round trip taxi per person to Mahahual. There are different choices along the beach so walk as far as you can ( just about 1 mile) to select from the options. There is a information booth when you get to Mahahual where you can ask about a variety of activities like kayaking, etc. Myabe Dad would like to take the Ruins tour through David and Ivan . They have a tour that lasts about 3.5 hours for $43.00.

I was in Costa Maya last week. I think you'd be missing a great time at the Chacchoben Ruins site. It is not crowded and is fairly easy to do (I did it with an arthritic knee). Best is with David & Ivan's company. You can book online - find by doing a google search.

Archived