Porto corsini Ravenna transfer to Bologna airport

scottraveller

My family group of seven are on the explorer of the seas cruise in May next year. I’m trying to book flights and transfers now as I like to be organised and not leave things till the last moment. I’ve got a hotel and transfers booked for the arrival into Bologna airport (staying in Ravenna for a couple of nights) but haven’t booked the flights as yet. The flight options for the return are 11.40am or 16.40 to the London. Does anyone know if I’m able to leave the ship at 07.00 am and whether this leaves enough time for the 11.40 flight please. It just seems a heck of a long wait until 16.40 especially with a kid aged 1 1/2 as well as two other children. Any advice would be very much appreciated. 

I would go ahead and book the 11:40.  You can get off the ship in Civitavecchia (carry off) at 7am, so I don't know why it would be an issue in Ravenna as long as the ship gets into port on time.  It's about an hour to Bologna, so you should have plenty of time.  Have the transfer waiting for you at 7am.

We just returned from Ravenna to the states at the end of May.  The ship shuttles run every 1/2 hour, starting at 7. There isn’t much to see or do in Ravenna and I was thankful we only had 1 night there.  We flew into the Bologna airport, but we didn’t leave from there. Enjoy your trip!  We sure did!

3 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We just returned from Ravenna to the states at the end of May.  The ship shuttles run every 1/2 hour, starting at 7. There isn’t much to see or do in Ravenna and I was thankful we only had 1 night there.  We flew into the Bologna airport, but we didn’t leave from there. Enjoy your trip!  We sure did!

When you were in Ravenna did you have a need to get tested and if so where did you get tested  Thanks in advance

Just now, scottraveller said:

Ok thanks. Does the coach arranged by RCI leave at 07.00. The cruise planner document I seen posted on here suggested 7.45 which would be leaving it a bit tight I think

When we were on Brilliance it listed 7, but if you can’t even get off until 7, that wouldn’t work.  We were on the first and second cruise starting out of Ravenna for the season, so hopefully things have improved.  Hopefully, someone that just completed it in the last couple of weeks will have more current information for you.

47 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

Ok thanks. Does the coach arranged by RCI leave at 07.00. The cruise planner document I seen posted on here suggested 7.45 which would be leaving it a bit tight I think

We were on the June 5 Brilliance out of Ravenna. This was our departure sheet (we took the late transfer to Venice city center.)

PXL_20220626_184833862.jpg

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

Thanks for that. It states departure at 07.15. Is that actually when the coach leaves or is it when you leave the ship to head to the coaches please

The time on the sheet was when we were called to leave the ship. It was pretty fast to leave the ship, gather luggage, pass through customs (just a constant flow of people through the nothing to declare line), get on the bus. We were almost the last on our bus. Our listed departure time was 8:45 a.m. The bus pulled out at 9:05 a.m.

• 4 months later...

Hello, going on my first cruise next summer.  Final port is Ravenna.  What is the process for setting the transfer and is there a cost?  We go to guest service on day 2 and say we need transfer to Bologna?  We're still looking at flights, nothings booked yet.  On a different note, has anyone used the US Customs and Border Protection Global Entry pass?  Is it worth it?  Thanks.

• 5 months later...
On 6/26/2022 at 2:59 AM, scottraveller said:

My family group of seven are on the explorer of the seas cruise in May next year. I’m trying to book flights and transfers now as I like to be organised and not leave things till the last moment. I’ve got a hotel and transfers booked for the arrival into Bologna airport (staying in Ravenna for a couple of nights) but haven’t booked the flights as yet. The flight options for the return are 11.40am or 16.40 to the London. Does anyone know if I’m able to leave the ship at 07.00 am and whether this leaves enough time for the 11.40 flight please. It just seems a heck of a long wait until 16.40 especially with a kid aged 1 1/2 as well as two other children. Any advice would be very much appreciated. 

Hi, may I ask what transfers from Bologna to Ravenna you have booked, and what hotel you are staying at in Ravenna? My group of 4 is cruising out of Ravenna in June and we're gathering information on all of our options.

Hi we’ve organised a transfer through our hotel in Ravenna (palazzo bezzi) who have arranged a company called Scaioli. As there’s 7 of us we will need two vehicles apparently. I’ve only found this out this morning. The cost would be €160 for one and €110 for the other. They will also take us to the cruise port from the hotel and pick us back up after the cruise to take us to the airport. Having looked at all other options it looks like this is still the cheapest way for the transfers. The only other option for the transfer back to the airport after the cruise is Royal Caribbean themselves. I’ve seen this offered by RCI on the ship but not sure if it is still available. I read that it was $40 per person and for seven this would still be on a par with Scaioli even allowing for two vehicles.