Who was on the phone 1 year ago trying to book Freedom?

emmy

Wow what a hectic day that was...trying to get through to book Freedom... I was at work and dialing and dialing and finally getting through about 11 am to book. Will be sailing on the June 4 sailing and it is hard to believe it has been booked for 1 year already...

Any good stories from that day?

Emmy

Not a great story really. We had our TA get us our cabins at 12:00 a.m. on 2/28/05. Since she was planning to go herself she stayed up and booked them. We're also on the June 4th sailing and I have never in my life waited so long for a cruise. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

EMMY!!! :D I certainly remember that day! LOL Leading up to it was filled with great anticipation and uncertainty....not having deck plans or much info about the ship but nonetheless I think we all were quite excited booking our preferred cabins.

EMMY!!! :D I certainly remember that day! LOL Leading up to it was filled with great anticipation and uncertainty....not having deck plans or much info about the ship but nonetheless I think we all were quite excited booking our preferred cabins.

Hey Ty... yes wild and crazy anticipation that day and like you said leading up to it...awesome thread you had going back then :) and the anticipation is still building ... promise to post live from Freedom June 4... nothing like Radio does but at least my initial thoughts.:p

Emmy

Hey Ty... yes wild and crazy anticipation that day and like you said leading up to it...awesome thread you had going back then :) and the anticipation is still building ... promise to post live from Freedom June 4... nothing like Radio does but at least my initial thoughts.:p

Emmy

Emmy I will be looking forward with much anticipation of reading your live reviews from the Freedom! I'll be in Miami over the Memorial Day weekend and hopefully I'll get a chance to see her in port. :D

We were on the Jewel Member Cruise and we didn't stand a chance in getting anything.

If you were interested in booking the Freedom, you needed to call a number and request a time to book........The only thing available was the second day at 6pm. We went in and the June 4th sailing was booked except for inside and to our surprise, the prices had gone up several times since the opening of the bookings. We ended up booking 2 cruises for what the inside cabin would have cost us.

We were on the Jewel Member Cruise and we didn't stand a chance in getting anything.

If you were interested in booking the Freedom, you needed to call a number and request a time to book........The only thing available was the second day at 6pm. We went in and the June 4th sailing was booked except for inside and to our surprise, the prices had gone up several times since the opening of the bookings. We ended up booking 2 cruises for what the inside cabin would have cost us.

the rates for ALL freedom cruises have skyrocketed!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: i can't believe the original rate i received for a balcony on the 11/5/06 sailing (E1, deck 8) is now what's being quoted for an inside.

Emmy: Well, I just want you to know that all of us other "Freedom waiters" who have been watching for any little piece of info on the ship, and are booked for later cruises are counting on you or one of your shipmates to post pictures (and a lot of them) right after you get back! I will just bet that this website will run a little slower on the evening you get back or the next day, due to everyone looking for new photos. Thanks in advance for keeping the light at the end of the tunnel bright for the rest of us.

Amy

the rates for ALL freedom cruises have skyrocketed!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: i can't believe the original rate i received for a balcony on the 11/5/06 sailing (E1, deck 8) is now what's being quoted for an inside.

Same thing with our cruise. We got a corner aft balcony cabin for $969 and it is now quoted at $1169. $200 per person more. We feel lucky to have paid what we did. Of course, I think I would have paid the $1169 as well.

Emmy: Well, I just want you to know that all of us other "Freedom waiters" who have been watching for any little piece of info on the ship, and are booked for later cruises are counting on you or one of your shipmates to post pictures (and a lot of them) right after you get back! I will just bet that this website will run a little slower on the evening you get back or the next day, due to everyone looking for new photos. Thanks in advance for keeping the light at the end of the tunnel bright for the rest of us.

Amy

I know Amy... If it was me back home waiting I would feel the same...will do my best... that is part of the reason I am booked to go on Freedom for the Crown & Anchor to catch the things I missed the first time around... cause my jaw will be hanging open :)

Emmy

Amy

Agreed! I, for one, can't wait to see all of the pics. I am just so anxious to hear all about it.

Same thing with our cruise. We got a corner aft balcony cabin for $969 and it is now quoted at $1169. $200 per person more. We feel lucky to have paid what we did. Of course, I think I would have paid the $1169 as well.

Our balcony cabin on 7/16 has gone up over $400 per person!!! We booked at the end of March.

... promise to post live from Freedom June 4... nothing like Radio does but at least my initial thoughts.:p

Emmy,

Maybe, as a group, we can each commit to one day's report. That way the boards can get the info, and we are spreading out the duties. :)

Tracy

Emmy,

Maybe, as a group, we can each commit to one day's report. That way the boards can get the info, and we are spreading out the duties. :)

Tracy

tracy ~ I thought of that idea.... I had thought of starting the "live from Freedom thread' a few days ahead that way I only have to check my inbox on the ship for those notifications... Cruise critic is so slow on the ship....

Not to worry everyone..I love to take photos and hopefully there will be a few for us to look at Tracy with all the pre cruise sailings.

Emmy

We got a corner aft balcony cabin for $969 and it is now quoted at $1169. $200 per person more. We feel lucky to have paid what we did. .

Y'all are killing me over here! I had to switch my booking to the inaugural just a few weeks ago. Since I couldn't bear doing an inside, I am ending up paying more for the last remaining balcony cabin (E2 on deck 6) than I was for a JS on deck 9. You don't even want to know what it's costing...I just keep charging it down on my credit card so "final payment date" at least *feels* like a normal amount of money. ROFL

But, it will be WELL worth it, I am sure!

As for the one negative nelly.....RCI is set to take possession of the ship in early April, and starts multiple pre-inaugural voyages almost an entire month before the actual "Maiden Voyage". I'm expecting nothing but smoooooth sailing! :)

Tracy

(the eternal optimist)

Hey Emmy, I can not believe it is almost here, and yes, I do remember manning those phones. I had origianlly booked directly but just recently switched over to an agent and got free insurance and a few other perks! See you all soon. I am off to Vegas next week for a century 21 Real Estate convention.

I had thought of starting the "live from Freedom thread' a few days ahead that way I only have to check my inbox on the ship for those notifications...

Great plan, Emmy!

I am really struggling about whether or not to bring the laptop, so I can upload pics. My major inclination is to leave the damned thing at home and just use the ship's internet stations.

Is there a feature on this site so we can post via e-mail?

Tracy

LMAO @ zotzer....i understand exactly how u feel...and i am trying not to even look @ my credit card statements because it doesnt seem as if i've even put a dent in what i owe :eek:

FitzLA...i agree...i think i would've still booked even with what the rates are now :cool: :rolleyes:

Hey Emmy, I can not believe it is almost here, and yes, I do remember manning those phones. I had origianlly booked directly but just recently switched over to an agent and got free insurance and a few other perks! See you all soon. I am off to Vegas next week for a century 21 Real Estate convention.

barbara ~ I have sinced transferred my booking as well... Have fun and good luck in Vegas

Emmy

I was getting off the Majesty :rolleyes: Booked 3 days later and the corner D1 afts were already taken for our cruise. Not sure who has them no one from our Meet & Mingle has fessd up yet. We got 3 out of 4 mid hump D1's deck 9 so not complaining :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

I was getting off the Majesty :rolleyes: Booked 3 days later and the corner D1 afts were already taken for our cruise. Not sure who has them no one from our Meet & Mingle has fessd up yet. We got 3 out of 4 mid hump D1's deck 9 so not complaining :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

That is what I got. 7408. What cruise are you on?

I set my alarm and got up extra early to be ready for the EST opening for the phone lines. After hitting redial for 20 minutes or so I got through and requested my preferred cabin for the sailing I wanted in October. The agent told me that only parties of three could book that cabin (corner aft, deck 10) so I reserved a corner on deck 9, hung up, redialed some more, and got an agent who reserved the cabin I really wanted for me. It was several weeks later when I found out that it was also a Crown and Anchor member cruise and a Cruise Critic group cruise, which were just a bonus! Later this week I'm going to switch my booking to the group cruise TA.

Archived