2/19-2/26 Mariner Cruise ... Very long

atlcple2

Thanks for the awesome review. We are doing our very first cruise May 21st on the Mariner and just can't wait (Jr Suite). We will be doing the Western Carribean itinerary, but it's great to hear so many great things about the staff!! I personally think that the staff "makes or breaks" the vacation...not the ship or the ports. Only 2 months and 19 days til our cruise...but I'm not counting :D

One question: I think the only paperwork I need at embarkation is the Setsail pass and our passports. Is that a correct statement?

Thanks in advance

I would like to know if people got dressed up for formal night (and how dressed up??). You mentioned so many nights as casual, I wondered if this held true for formal night as well??

Everyone did dress nicely for formal nights. Women - I saw some wearing black slacks and a top, some wearing Sunday dresses and some in ball gowns. Men - some wore slacks and a shirt with a tie and others wore suits tuxes. For the most part, everyone looked dressy on formal nights. Chops & Portfinios is smart casual.

Thanks for the awesome review. We are doing our very first cruise May 21st on the Mariner and just can't wait (Jr Suite). We will be doing the Western Carribean itinerary, but it's great to hear so many great things about the staff!! I personally think that the staff "makes or breaks" the vacation...not the ship or the ports. Only 2 months and 19 days til our cruise...but I'm not counting :D

One question: I think the only paperwork I need at embarkation is the Setsail pass and our passports. Is that a correct statement?

Thanks in advance

Only one other thing, you will need to fill out the Bahamas form when you get to the port if you didn't receive it already. There will be a woman there handing them out. 1 per person. We got our tickets via email so we had to get the form when we got there, so take a pen with you.

One other additional tip for people who smoke, take your lighter with you. DH wanted to have a cigar on the balcony when we got there and settled in and he had left his cigar at home. Bartenders are the only people who had them and the general store on the ship doesn't open until after you set sail. It wasn't a big issue, but for people who smoke a lot, it might be.

Leaving on March 19th. Can anyone tell me when the Caribbean night is in the dining room. I've heard this is the weakess dinner night. We want to hit both dining rooms, Port. and Chops. I thought this might be a good night to go and then one other formal night.

Thanks for any help.

Caribbean night is Wednesday (St Thomas Day). The only downside is that you are still stuffed when the poolside buffet starts at 11:15 PM

HTH

Jim M

nice to hear a review that was probably "complaint free"!!!! because even though we all know that things can go wrong.....take those lemons and make some lemonade!!! anyway, where did you stay pre cruise? we're cruising on the mariner this december and are debating......the hilton, the radisson or the new residence inn.

Only one other thing, you will need to fill out the Bahamas form when you get to the port if you didn't receive it already. There will be a woman there handing them out. 1 per person. We got our tickets via email so we had to get the form when we got there, so take a pen with you.

Might be a naive question, but what is the Bahamas form (we are not going to the Bahamas)?

Hi!

We have been on 2 other voyager class ships (Voyager and Navigator) and actually were booked on Mariner for last Oct (our anniversy) But were talked into cancelling and trying Princess (CB) by a TA! He had us in a Lido deck balconey for same price a promenade on Mariner (both doing eastern) We totally agree about the crowd on CB, the shows were always standing room, only way you could get a seat was if you went at least 30mins early! The food was nothing special! and the service was nowhere close to RCCI's.

Might be a naive question, but what is the Bahamas form (we are not going to the Bahamas)?

It is the government form you fill out when going to the Bahamas (Eastern Cruise) -The strange thing is on my last Mariner western cruise they sent me the Bahamas form.

Nice review and like you there is no going back to me for Carnival. Too much of a difference in the level of service and friendly crew between the two for me. That along with the fact that I feel RCI does a much better job on upkeep and cleaning of their ships over Carnival. Thanks again for posting your review.

Stacey B! We're going E. again in 2 wks ! Can you e-mail me about St. John? I know you liked it but is it worth all the transportation getting there? Thinking of just shopping in St. Maarten since we missed out on that last Oct. and maybe Divi again. Would be nice to have Joyce just transport us all around again!

Del

I'm so glad you love the Mariner, too! I've sailed on her twice and just booked again for an eastern itinerary this May. Because the itinerary has changed slightly (Coco Cay instead of Nassau) since I sailed on the Mariner last August, I'm wondering if the schedule of ice shows, production shows, etc. has changed or remained the same. Could you please verify whether:

- the ice shows are on Wed. and Fri.?

- the production shows are on Mon. and Fri.?

- the Quest is on Thurs.?

- Karaoke Idol final is on Sat.?

Also, do you recall if the night with no main show (production, headliner, or ice) is still Wed.? That's usually when the kids do the pirate parade and we have to make sure we're there by 9:00 p.m. sharp!

I need this info to book Chops/Portofino and also to know when to get an in-cabin babysitter.

Thanks for any information you can provide!

Archived