Brilliance March 27

cruzlvrs

A group of us are going on the Brilliance Panama Canal cruise on March 27. Would appreciate any info from anyone who has recently returned. We are especially interested in when the formal nights are as we are pretty sure there will be three on this cruise. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

cruzlvrs & madoris - My husband & I are also on the March 27 Brilliance cruise. We have a Roll Call going. CMurph is also on it. Come join us on our Roll Call. Fun to finally meet everyone when we get to Miami & the ship. Sign up for the Meet & Mingle. The last time I checked we had 54 signed up.

Here is the link to our Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=150261&page=45

Gail

Is the 27th a 10 night or an 11 night cruise? I am currently on the 10-night cruise. We enter the locks tomorrow. I will be posting a review next week when we get back. I am doing live updates from the ship on the thread titled "Examining the Bars on the Brilliance of the Seas." We have two formal nights.

Wrp96 - I have been reading your live review. Sorry you fell. Hope you're doing better. We went on the Aruba Bar Crawl when we went on the Brilliance in 2003 on a 10 day cruise. We decided not to do the Kuku dinner one. Aruba is one of our favorite ports. We are doing the 11 day cruise this time. The reason we chose the 11 days is that it also goes to Curacao which we like to go to.

Will look for you in the Canal. I just looked at the webcam. I see the Zaandam going thru right now. Will keep checking for you.

Gail

We're on the 3/27 sailing also. We just got our docs today and it said we are dining at 5:30!!!!!!! That's really early!!!

In my 21 years of cruising, the first seating has always been 6-6:30. Why is it so early now? Do you think that's really correct? :confused:

HELP!!!!!!!!

Hey, Catnip...we "met" on another site. We have the late sitting for dinner and our docs say 8:00. That allows 2 1/2 hours for dinner and resetting the table. Perhaps the actual time may change upon boarding.

Yes, early dinner is at 5:30 on the Brilliance. And it is still the most popular seating. If you are willing to eat at the 8pm late seating, I'm sure people will thank you for it.

Hey CMurph!

Thank you both for your replies. This will be my 3rd sailing on Brilliance and the previous 2 had early dinner at 6:15. I wonder if this is a new time? I don't want to eat dinner at 8:00, though, but 5:30 seems so darn early!

Oh, well......

It's less than a month away!! YIPEE! :D

Thanks you guys for making me aware of this...I am not sailing until March of NEXT year...but I am going to watch the times...5:30 does seem early, but let's see what happens...they may be testing the "waters" and your comments are what they need!

5:30 is really early considering in most ports we don't leave until well after that. Take today for example, we didn't leave Cristobal Pier until after 7pm. My tour didn't even get back until 6pm. Anybody with early seating missed dinner.

WRP96

Congratulations on Bar Exam. Hope you are enjoying your cruise. What shore excursion in Panama caused you to miss dinner? I have been trying to think of a way to get my friend to eat in a speciality restaurant, maybe getting back to the ship late.

Keep pinching your cheeks (on your Face), when you can't feel them use the elevator. Advice from a light weight.

Have a great time keep posting here, I like hearing about your trip. Just 23 days till we fly to Miami. Then Spring Break Mom's Gone Wild, I'm sure MTV will want to capture the whole thing. NOT!!

Gayle

wrp96,

How is the weather? Really cooking?

Are there really just 2 diner seatings? 5:30 and 8:00?

Are you downstairs or up on the balcony in the dining room?

Enjoy your cruise and thanks for the info!

We usually go to the buffet a couple nights so we will probably go the nights we leave port after 5:30p.m. unless it's a menu we just can't miss. How will I ever do the afternoon snack in the Windjammer if we eat at 5:30p.m.!!

Gail

Archived