COVID Testing in Houston or Galveston?

PSU_Redhead

Hi Everyone! I'm hoping some Houston area locals may be able to help me out with this.

My kids and I will be sailing out of Galveston in August. However, we are flying into Houston four days prior to our sail date. So, we will not be able to test at home since we leave 4 days before we sail. We will have to get our COVID tests sometime after we arrive in Houston. Below are our plans for each day. Can you please let me know where you'd suggest we go for our COVID tests, and whether or not appointments will be necessary?

Day 1 - early evening arrival at HOU. Staying near NASA.

Day 2 - 1:10pm Astros game. Will be in and around the area of Minute Maid park before and after the game. No other plans for the day.

Day 3 - Visit the NASA center in morning/afternoon. Then get transportation to Galveston, staying near Seawall. Evening sightseeing/dinner in Galveston

Day 4 - Tour/Sightseeing in Galveston (on our own - nothing organized)

Day 5 - Board ship

So knowing where we will be in the area and when, may I please ask for some suggestions on the best place to go for our pre-boarding COVID tests? Thank you so much for any advice you can offer 🙂 

A number ofthe larger HEB grocery stores have Rapid Clinics located insidethe stores.

We live in Kingwood, NE of Houston, and our local HEB/Rapid Clinic has worked out very well.

You can pre-register with Rapid Clinic and pick outyour date and time and get your antigen test resukts back in about 30 minutes..

Go to the CVS website and schedule your tests at the Seabrook, Texas location. They are quick, have not failed us on two cruises since the return and we had results emailed to us before we got home. 

If they are booked then try the one in Deer Park, Texas, zip 77536. They are as good. 

Message me if you have any questions.