Flights By Celebrity - Ticketing

ev8876

We booked our cruise departing out of Rome 2 weeks ago and purchased Delta flights with Flights by Celebrity.  All went smooth.  We got our Delta confirmation number and were able to pull up our reservation on the Delta site and select our seats.  Our reservation on Delta says "confirmed" but I can see it has not been "ticketed" yet.  Does anyone know when Flights by Celebrity will ticket the reservations?  We depart August 7.  Thanks!

7 hours ago, ev8876 said:

We booked our cruise departing out of Rome 2 weeks ago and purchased Delta flights with Flights by Celebrity.  All went smooth.  We got our Delta confirmation number and were able to pull up our reservation on the Delta site and select our seats.  Our reservation on Delta says "confirmed" but I can see it has not been "ticketed" yet.  Does anyone know when Flights by Celebrity will ticket the reservations?  We depart August 7.  Thanks!

I was just on with FBC cancelling our flight and asked the gentleman your question.  He said it depends on how soon their computer updates the final payment and ticketing request.  For instance, our final payment is next February 6th.  Had we kept our flights and paid in full by that date, the expected ticketing date would have been March 30th.  That was a surprise to me.  He did say if you put in a request for expedited ticketing it can take up to 72 hours.  Hope that info. helps.  

I booked Delta RT LA to Sydney next March. Direct flights. Paid in full Premium Economy.

same flights through Celebrity air and same costs. Prefer my direct with Delta.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CU64 said:

I booked Delta RT LA to Sydney next March. Direct flights. Paid in full Premium Economy.

same flights through Celebrity air and same costs. Prefer my direct with Delta.

Same with our flight to Rome next year.  Originally booked with Celebrity but some legs were with British Air which I wasn’t a fan.  Booked a refundable direct with AA and was cheaper.  I checked with  FBC and they could get the same flights (not through BA) but cost was more and non refundable).  

3 minutes ago, ev8876 said:

Good to know.  It sounds like it's fairly normal that Celebrity waits to actually "ticket" the flights.

Celebrity is a consolidator so the cheaper fares require tickets to issued later.  That "cost" of doing business with a consolidator. 

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Celebrity is a consolidator so the cheaper fares require tickets to issued later.  That "cost" of doing business with a consolidator. 

Our previous Celebrity cruise we had to cancel and rebook had great fares that the airlines couldn’t touch.  I found it hard this time to find a rate that Celebrity couldn’t beat (quoted by the FBC agent) that I found directly through the airline with a refundable fare and no cost to change unless I wanted a new flight that cost more.  To me it seems the only benefit booking FBC nowadays is to defer the flight cost to a later date.  

7 hours ago, RTR 21-0 said:

Same with our flight to Rome next year.  Originally booked with Celebrity but some legs were with British Air which I wasn’t a fan.  Booked a refundable direct with AA and was cheaper.  I checked with  FBC and they could get the same flights (not through BA) but cost was more and non refundable).  

Forgot to add: got my seats asap, refundable ticket, no change fees, and I also bought insurance this time.

• Like 1