Carnival Magic recent reviews

umpisoccer

1 hour ago, matymil said:

Love that asshat is allowed in here lol. I agree with everything you wrote in here. I was on the cruise after you. The teens/pre-teens were like nothing ive seen before. Im not gonna get into it again but it was basically Hunger Games at Sea. This is my 3rd time out of NYC, not saying i wouldnt do it again but never in the summer when school is off thats for sure. Also really liked Ryan alot

We disembarked this morning, and to be honest what I saw wasn't that much different than any summer cruises from NYC that we've done - and we've been doing them since 2004. There are always some jerks with no manners. The one DH lost it on this morning was parked on the forward stairs texting on her phone while we were trying to come down the stairs for self-assist. She honestly had no idea she was in the way. I don't think it's unique to NYC or summer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 2:22 PM, biggieboy said:

Embarkation was awful but I learned some tips and tricks from other guests to avoid it. Try to get the earliest embarkation time. If you don't, the wait gets longer. We waited 2 hours from arrival to walking on the ship with a 12:30 embarkation time. Other people told me the waited only 30 minutes arriving as early as possible.

I sailed 8/11 and had an early time.  Yes it was quicker but embarkation is still very disorganized in NYC.  Different people telling us to go to one spot, then getting yelled at to go to another, it was a rough start to my trip for sure! I don't think it has been improved, apparently.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 6:49 PM, MsTabbyKats said:

I guess you've never done the "fall to Canada" thing.  I've done it about 10 times and fit right in.  I'm 73. 

Friends and I will be on the 9/17 Canada (Magic) trip. 3 of us are retired and in our 60s; I'm the oldest at 67; my cabin-mate is mid-40s. We are quite happy to be sailing with seniors and looking forward to our 1st cruise out of NYC and to Canada. We know it will be different. Hope to maybe see you onboard! 

1 hour ago, Tennessee Rose said:

Friends and I will be on the 9/17 Canada (Magic) trip. 3 of us are retired and in our 60s; I'm the oldest at 67; my cabin-mate is mid-40s. We are quite happy to be sailing with seniors and looking forward to our 1st cruise out of NYC and to Canada. We know it will be different. Hope to maybe see you onboard! 

We are on this cruise, but not until next year.  Currently, there are not a lot of shore excursions for Sydney.  I was curious if you have one booked already or what your plans were for that port?

BTW, we live in Tuscaloosa, so not TOO far from you.

On 9/9/2022 at 4:31 PM, Dizzneefan said:

We are on this cruise, but not until next year.  Currently, there are not a lot of shore excursions for Sydney.  I was curious if you have one booked already or what your plans were for that port?

BTW, we live in Tuscaloosa, so not TOO far from you.

They just added the Sydney excursions; I had not seen them yet. I had read they were trying to get some set up since this is a pretty new port of call. No reviews. A couple have already sold out! The one I see that interests me "may" work. I've got to check with my cruisemates and see if they want to do an excursion, or we may just walk around the harbor/dock/city on our own. We've booked hop on/hop off tours in St. John and Halifax.

Yes, Tuscaloosa's just down the road! Hey, neighbor!

Can anyone comment on the pizza line recently after 11pm?  It was pretty bad earlier this year, curious if they're doing a better job moving the line. 

It was probably about an hour earlier this year if you went at the wrong time.  They'd make a few pizzas, a few people would take them all, and then it'd be another 10-20 minutes before they'd get to the next few groups since there was a maximum of two people working, often just one.