Ever request upgrade after boarding ship

Nuttz4Sports

We are sailing today on the Seashore and I went by guest services and put in a request for an upgrade from Balcony to Suite. While checking in, we were told the ship was only going to sail with 4,000 people. So figured I’d give it a chance and see. I was informed that they would need to wait until sailing time to let me know if I got the upgrade. 

I am paying for the upgrade, but the cost is reduced compared to what it would be if I paid for it at booking. Guest services said the request was for a deluxe suite with a SL2 code, but can’t find that cabin code anywhere online. Just don’t want to get a junior suite. Not worth the upgrade in my opinion. 

Anyway, was wondering, has anyone ever tried to upgrade after getting onboard and been successful. If so, did you get all of the perks associated with the upgrade or did they only give you the perks from your original booking. 

SL2 is an Aurea suite higher deck.  Don't know if you would get Aurea perks.  Only time we did an upgrade on board was YC to bigger room on YC, so perks were not a factor.

27 minutes ago, Nuttz4Sports said:

Anyway, was wondering, has anyone ever tried to upgrade after getting onboard and been successful. If so, did you get all of the perks associated with the upgrade or did they only give you the perks from your original booking.

Had client upgrade onboard from a balcony to YC. They did not have YC perks outside the YC area. No complimentary drinks elsewhere on the ship for example.

Bret

Outside the YC you get whatever package you originally booked on, including drink packages. I upgraded on the Seashore in May and had the Easy Plus package, which was honored all over the ship. In the YC, I had all other privliges including the Premium drink pkg.

Thanks all.  Was told they didn’t have any upgrades available. Found it strange with only sailing at 67% capacity. I’m also a gold member, so was again surprised. I’ll try again on second day. 

this was a last minute trip booked within 1 week of sailing, so was limited on booking.
We enjoy the balcony, but was hoping for a little more room.