Ambassador Ambience Mediteranean October 2022

vfillin

• 3 weeks later...

I think you guys are misunderstanding.  It's only available at that price because it hasn't been loading well.

I think ACL are in danger of digging a huge hole for themselves.

If they get a rep for discounting cruises by 50%, 3 months from departure.  People will stop booking at full price and wait for the discounts.

I'm certainly doing that with the Amazon cruise in the schedule.

4 hours ago, tim_london0 said:

I think you guys are misunderstanding.  It's only available at that price because it hasn't been loading well.

I think ACL are in danger of digging a huge hole for themselves.

If they get a rep for discounting cruises by 50%, 3 months from departure.  People will stop booking at full price and wait for the discounts.

I'm certainly doing that with the Amazon cruise in the schedule.

In the current cruise climate, most lines operating ex-UK are currently offering some exceptionally low late deal prices. Most ships are sailing well below capacity. Ambassador also have to cope with being a new outfit so many folks would be cautious about booking a long cruise with an unfamiliar ship and cruise line. Time will tell...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. Most cruise lines are offering heavy discounts with ships only 3/4 full… but bookings are on the rise. This will be my third cruise in a years time. All excellent prices that a solo cruiser, like myself, can afford! As far as the cruise line being an unknown quantity…. I’m happily dipping my toe in the water for this price. I also fully realise that this will be nothing like a Cunard Cruise. If you come with you’re eyes open, I think this will be a very enjoyable time! 

I’m also going to look into the ports and excursions… some I will book from the ship, others will be independent. Once I find out more information on some of the independent ones, if anyone would like to join I’ll give full details here. 

Im very excited for this cruise! It’s the perfect opportunity to cruise inexpensively and avoid the chaos of the major airports!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also have been looking into port excursions especially in Alexandria  and in Turkey.  I got my turkey evisa today and now I will have to wait a few weeks for my Egyptian evisa

I would like to see what the cruiseline is offering for shore excursions.  

and I am stoked about this itinerary although I wish we would be longer in some ports

Does this line to a meet and greet?  

Im very glad to see that there are a few of you on this site.  

• Like 2

Ive looked at Rome in Limo adn they have some interesting tours in Italy.  There are a couple out of rome that go to small towns .  Is anyone intersested in going in a small group?

Also Id like to go to Capri from Naples  - have you done that?   Discovery tours has a tour but it is very pricey.  I am not sure if it will be easy to coordinate getting to capri by hydrofoil and ensuring we return by 3 ish .  any ideas??

still looking at Turkey for tours.  I am disappointed the Grand Bazzar will be closed.and the blue mosques can only be seen from the outside.  

Do you think they will have a whirling dervish show  on the Ambience???

We have booked too, impatiently waiting for Ambassador to list their shore excursions. In the meantime Im checking out the usual Get your guide, Viator, Shore Excursions etc but they seem to focus on small groups ie from prices based on how many book

We’ve done lots of the Med ports before but excited about Istanbul, Troy, Haifa and Alexandria 

Hope there will be a meet and mingle/roll call too

• 4 weeks later...

Has or does anyone know how to set up a Cruise Critic meet and greet? I went to one on my second cruise 8 years ago and it was great to meet up with everything on the boards here. They were also real savvy about booking private tours and working with the ships personnel about getting us off first to go on these tours. Any ideas on this???

Only just seen this thread :-). We are Chris and Liz and are booked on this cruise too. We sailed with this group when they were CMV, which went bankrupt during Covid. They had an amazing Around the World cruise with a wonderful itinerary which had to be cancelled. Not seen anything as nice since.

We are open to suggestions for shore trips. We have spoken for a couple via the Ambassador site - Turkey and Egypt. And possibly Rome, if the trip price includes a coach or train from Civitaveccia (sp?) to Rome. It's not clear from the description, We are really looking forward to this cruise and to meeting you all

• 3 weeks later...

Not long to go now !

Been researching ports and will do most on our own   - provisionally booked Jerusalem and Dead Sea tour in Haifa if there are 6 people going ! And booked  Ambience Etna trip in Catania as only there for short time !

Civitavecchia Rome we cannot decide as public holiday and don't know how busy it will be and what will be open??

Nigel and Karen.

I have only just found these posts. I have been monitoring the roll calls where there is little activity but found a few more posts here. Not sure why there are 2 different places to post. I think there is a bit of overlap by members. Is this the place to post rather than under roll calls ?q

Sus