Biking in Belize???

beechbum

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We did the Belize Biking tour (thru Carnival) April 6, 2006, although I think many cruise lines may use same contracted company.

I will try to post a lengthy review late tonight, and photos of the tour, Altun Ha and restaurant in the gallery.

Before I post, besides doing a privately booked Sting Ray tour in Grand Caymen, this was a wonderful tour for Belize. A definite glad we booked it.

Of all the ports (Gr. Caymen, Cozumel, Belzie and Costa Maya) this is THE place you need to book a tour and really one thru the cruiseline.

It is a very rural island and near pier will not get the flavor of true Belize, being also that most tours are at least 40 min away by bus (charter) it is a relief knowing they are responsible for getting you back to the ship!

More later tonight! --

Buffetfan (Suzy)

I think my post is the old one being referred too, lol.

I've always had great shore excursions, but this one is one of a kind. You get exercise (lol-after eating, and eating, and eating), get to see the rainforest, get a narrated tour, see ancient landmarks, and get a yummy meal. We even had 2 hours afterwards to shop!

The ride is pretty easy, there are some rocks and roots. I'm not much of a biker, but made it over them easily, whereas my experienced biker of a DBF had to get off his bike a few times. :D

Book it-you won't regret it. :)

Archived