Choosing Seat with Celebrity Air

Kiwi935

Recently purchased Flights through Celebrity, payment to be made with final cruise payment.  I received both Record Locators.  Able to select seat on Delta with no problem.  Getting no where with Jet Blue.  Tried calling, texting.  Any advice appreciated.

Thank you

This has come up before, and apparently not every airline offers seat assignment.  We were lucky in  booking Delta for our trip to Europe in October, and will keep Delta in mind for our next cruises.

If you use the Search box above for this forum, you will be able to find more info from those who post here.

Good luck!!!

Each airline has their own seat assignment rules. Some allow you to choose your seat at booking for free, some allow it with a fee, some require payment in full, something that FBC does not always do at booking, and some only allow you to chose your seats at check in.  We had an experience a while ago with FBC when I booked TA flights on American but one way it was really a BA flight as an AA code share.  FBC let me choose my seats for all 4 legs while we were on the phone, gave me the record locators for both AA and BA but when I went to check my seats, no seats on BA. Turned out they wanted $250 more for pre-assigned seats. I said no thanks.  We had book biz class and planned to just sleep on the Newark to Heathrow segment so if our seats were not together, no biggie and Heathrow to AMS was only an hour so no biggie there. I had better things to spend that money on.

I book our flights mostly with FBC and have learned that when a flight on their website is listed as a code share it is best to find the same flight on their list as being with the Providing Airline (Not Operated by XXX) you are more likely to have the chance to make a seat selection at the time you book the flight with FBC.

Also, many airlines will Not allow you to choose seats until They are Paid by FBC so I sometimes tell FBC to go ahead and pay the airline so I can choose my seats.

FBC gets Paid when You make your  Final Payment 90 Days before Sailing But they don't Pay the Airline till 45 Days before your flights unless you request them to do it sooner.

I just had them pay for a flight to a Cruise from Barcelona Next May because it's on a Low Cost Carrier Level by Iberia (the only Non Stop SFO to BCN) that charges for all seat assignments so I could get an Economy Seat at the front of that section at a bulkhead with lots of legroom.

I  guess they like keeping your money in their interest earning account a little longer.?

You can also book seats right away with flights on American and United.  Sometimes I have been able to do in on the airline website myself, sometimes I need to call FBC and they can do it, but it has always worked.   It will vary by airline.

Mike 

12 hours ago, D. B. said:

I book our flights mostly with FBC and have learned that when a flight on their website is listed as a code share it is best to find the same flight on their list as being with the Providing Airline (Not Operated by XXX) you are more likely to have the chance to make a seat selection at the time you book the flight with FBC.

Also, many airlines will Not allow you to choose seats until They are Paid by FBC so I sometimes tell FBC to go ahead and pay the airline so I can choose my seats.

FBC gets Paid when You make your  Final Payment 90 Days before Sailing But they don't Pay the Airline till 45 Days before your flights unless you request them to do it sooner.

I just had them pay for a flight to a Cruise from Barcelona Next May because it's on a Low Cost Carrier Level by Iberia (the only Non Stop SFO to BCN) that charges for all seat assignments so I could get an Economy Seat at the front of that section at a bulkhead with lots of legroom.

I  guess they like keeping your money in their interest earning account a little longer.?

Lufthansa nonstop to Barcelona ? Wonderful airline 

Lufthansa ? Nope. Level by Iberia. 

On that airline (Level) the best economy seats are at the front of that section facing a bulkhead. more legroom and no seat back in your face when the person in front of you reclines their seat.

I have tried Premium economy but the extra room is not worth the extra cost to me because I am not a large person.

I flew Lufthansa Pre Covid on their A380 (FRA-SFO nonstop) and liked it Until we arrived at SFO at the same time as 3 other A380's arrived. Customs was Swamped with all those passengers trying to get through at the same time.

After that I avoided flights using an A380 but I would fly Lufthansa again.