Help us decide Celebration or Mardi Gras 2023

3smithboys

1 hour ago, 3smithboys said:

That’s amazing! When we retire (in many years) we will be able to do multiple cruises in a year, and we can’t wait! We loved, loved, loved the Mardi Gras! 

My plan is to retire while on Celebration next Nov-

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 3smithboys said:

That’s amazing! Congratulations! 

If not retied during the cruise, at least be on paid leave for a few days after the cruise, but almost positive I will be able to not be returning to work...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, breadandbutter said:

May I ask what you loved about Mardi Gras?

We loved all of the included food choices, and I would recommend anytime dining. We only ate in the main dining room once during our b2b. Big Chicken is a great addition too! Even though these were extra, we went to the Steakhouse once and Bonsai Teppanyaki twice- I highly recommend Bonsai Teppanyaki!

The Serenity adult pool area was very nice. We spent several evenings at the 88 keys piano bar- that was a lot of fun. I am not much of a show person on Carnival ships, but the shows we did see were better than shows on other Carnival ships. The musical talent was top notch! 

Some people have said they felt the ship to be crowded; however, we felt it was fine. We were able to see and do everything we wanted to. We did have a balcony cabin and our kids are now old enough that we were able to travel without them for the first time, so we did spend some time just relaxing on the balcony with coffee or getting breakfast delivered and that was so nice. 

We also like the toned down ship decor… Even after 2 weeks, there were still things that we did not do and felt like we could have stayed longer! 

if you have any questions about the ship, I’m happy to answer!

To 3 smith boys. Hello, glad you enjoyed the Mardi Gras. We have sailed three times on her but for the life of me I cannot remember the two formal nights on a 7 day. Rule of thumb used to be first sea day but 1st and 2nd days are sea days. 
friends that are with us really want to know. Hoping you can help. Thank you!!

11 minutes ago, ourturn said:

To 3 smith boys. Hello, glad you enjoyed the Mardi Gras. We have sailed three times on her but for the life of me I cannot remember the two formal nights on a 7 day. Rule of thumb used to be first sea day but 1st and 2nd days are sea days. 
friends that are with us really want to know. Hoping you can help. Thank you!!

The 2 formal nights were Sunday night and Thursday night on both of the sailings we were on. On the 1st cruise - Western Cozumel Plus- both formal nights were sea days. On the 2nd cruise- Eastern,  the 2nd formal night was when we were on Grand Turk. This was probably because we had a sea day between 2 port days. 

Hope this helps!