Just back from the Radiance of the Seas 2/19-2/26

We too cruised on the Radiance of Seas 2/19-26. We had a fantastic time. This was our first time cruisin and we loved it!! We travel with 2 other couples who have cruised before on other cruise lines. They did say RCL was the best they were on.

We too thought that the entertainment could have been better. The staff was outstanding. The food was fair, could have been better. The days at sea the pool area was crowded. I only went in the pool once, although all the guys went in several times. Including the belly flop contest.

We do plan on going next year on a cruise. Looking for suggestions.

We too cruised on the Radiance of Seas 2/19-26. We had a fantastic time. This was our first time cruisin and we loved it!! We travel with 2 other couples who have cruised before on other cruise lines. They did say RCL was the best they were on.

We too thought that the entertainment could have been better. The staff was outstanding. The food was fair, could have been better. The days at sea the pool area was crowded. I only went in the pool once, although all the guys went in several times. Including the belly flop contest.

We do plan on going next year on a cruise. Looking for suggestions.

Good for you! Glad you enjoyed your cruise. You may want to consider the Eastern Caribbean itinerary for your next cruise. Totally different from the Western. With RCI you are pretty much locked into Radiance class or Voyager class for this run. Perhaps give the bigger ships a shot and see what you think. I know we loved it. :)

Wow.... this is the first time I've read a thread about the Radiance that was a complete bummer. I know you all had positive things to say also, but wow.....lots of negatives, and I'm not getting on your case or anything-- I do appreciate your honesty. I'm just kinda worried about my honeymoon now :(

I really wouldn't worry! I've been on over 20 cruises, & in my opinion the few negatives mentioned here are pretty standard complaints on all lines/ships with the exception of the ultra-luxury ones. The food is often mediocre, they're feeding thousands, but let me tell ya - we always found something yummy somewhere. Entertainment can vary, try all the venues. And each cruise, even on the same ship, is different - heck, folks on the same cruise often report wildly different experiences - which makes sense because so much has to do with individual backgrounds/preferences & experiences onboard. We were once on a very "sub-standard" cruise, but met such fun people we remember it as one of our best! I picked Radiance this time because several friends have raved about it - it's gorgeous! So relax, go with the flow, & congratulations!

FamilyMom

Good to hear your input of the sailing - Despite the cons there were lots of pros as well - and I am sorry to be back here in MA freezing my *&*^*&^ off!

We usually sail on a larger size ship and find the Voyager class ship to be less crowded even there are more people - it just flows better. And they would never have such horrible entertainmant on a larger ship as they also have the ice shows which are great - so you may want to consider the larger ship next time, not smaller.

Did you do Quest?

This is all so subjective. I gave my first cruise 9 our of 10 all down the line on the food review, and one man next to me filled in his survey with 2 and 3's. I wondered how we could have been on the same ship? Hey I'm a good cook, and fussy.....but they are serving thousands, you gotta be realistic, but if I don't have to cook it and serve it and do the dishes, I'm pretty happy!

Archived