A Gamble? Help!

Tinkerbell

It sounds as if you'll know before final payment is due. Once you do, just cancel the cruise you don't want to take and you'll be entitled to a full refund. Of course, you'll be tying up your money for a few months, but that will hold the cruise/cabin you want.

I don't know which cruiseline you are booking, but I know that with RCI and Celebrity, you can just change your date/ship without any problem, as long is it is before final payment. If you get the right week, you will be set. If not, you can just change the date. That being said, if you are wanting a certain cabin, you may have to put money down for both weeks and then cancel the one.

Yes - I would do that, if tying up the deposit money now will not be a problem. After all - you are going to spend the money either way. In the meantime, you have locked down your cabin and your price.

(I wonder - could you just transfer the deposit to the remaining reservation? probably not)

Maddle

With not knowing when "Winter Break" (I work for a school system) will be in Feb. 07. What would you do put down a deposit on both weeks it could be? The contract won't be voted on until Aug? Help!

I was just contemplating the same thing today!!

Our vacation has been on different weeks over the years.

Here is my thinking on this for us.....I do have some specific cabin needs so I might put a deposit down for both weeks. I will know the exact date early enough to cancel one and get a refund without penalty.

I am also contemplating winging it and waiting as I am a single mom with 4 kids and I am not sure that I want to tie up the extra deposit money for 5 people at this time. :rolleyes:

Archived