Moxy Hotel to Southampton Port

We are staying at the Moxy and boarding the Silhouette on Saturday.

We took a stroll down to the terminal figuring we'd walk from the hotel to the port on Saturday. We strolled by Gate 8 which was closed and it said to enter via Gate 10.

How can you get through to the terminal or is it easier to take a taxi from the hotel?

Many thanks.

2 hours ago, CruisinNewb said:

We are staying at the Moxy and boarding the Silhouette on Saturday.

We took a stroll down to the terminal figuring we'd walk from the hotel to the port on Saturday. We strolled by Gate 8 which was closed and it said to enter via Gate 10.

How can you get through to the terminal or is it easier to take a taxi from the hotel?

Many thanks.

Your terminal is City Terminal, right by Dock Gate 8.

That gate is open when there's a ship at the terminal. 🙂

If you want to walk from Moxy, instead of walking to the roundabout (traffic circle?) you can cut the corner by going thro the Holiday Inn parking lot. No footpath to do that, but you'll see where plenty of folk do.

If it's still horrendously hot (temperatures will peak tuesday), or if it's wet, or if you're just feeling lazy, ask H.I reception to call you a cab. I guess about £7.

JB 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sarnia 432 said:

@CruisinNewb we have booked the Moxy later this month.  How are you finding it?  Is there anywhere nearby for breakfast?

So far so good. The rooms are small at least compared to those in the US but I feel that is the norm here, although clean and well kept. Bed was very comfortable. Room was quiet. There is multi level shopping center within a 5 minute walk. There are several eateries there and also on the street. The breakfast menu at the hotel is very limited so if you can venture out, I would.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, John Bull said:

Your terminal is City Terminal, right by Dock Gate 8.

That gate is open when there's a ship at the terminal. 🙂

If you want to walk from Moxy, instead of walking to the roundabout (traffic circle?) you can cut the corner by going thro the Holiday Inn parking lot. No footpath to do that, but you'll see where plenty of folk do.

If it's still horrendously hot (temperatures will peak tuesday), or if it's wet, or if you're just feeling lazy, ask H.I reception to call you a cab. I guess about £7.

JB 🙂

Thanks JB.

On 7/14/2022 at 7:27 PM, John Bull said:

JB 🙂

Ooops, I made an obvious typo.🙄

Don't ask H.I. to call you a cab - firstly you're staying at the Moxy, secondly by the time you get to H.I. you're almost there.

Not my fault - brain unavoidably fried by 97degreesF. 🥴

JB 🙂

• Like 1