BOOKED NCL Star again !!!!

melika091900

I just wanted to say that ive seen on here where people take the same cruises each year and I thought why would they do that, try something different,,

but now I DID IT !!!!!!! :)

but this time ,we get acapulco and ixtapa. so thats a good thing

we are just so hooked on FREESTYLE dining the most relaxing vacation weve taken, and this time our lil one is going so thats always a plus,,

just wanted to share

melissa

:)

Okay, Melissa, we're with you......

The Silly Moon Monkeys and Lucy the Lobster ride again!

Dependent on Cha's mom's final, we're taking an AB for 11/14.

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, it's back to Mexico :D

This is a terrible disease.........

Okay, Melissa, we're with you......

The Silly Moon Monkeys and Lucy the Lobster ride again!

Dependent on Cha's mom's final, we're taking an AB for 11/14.

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, it's back to Mexico :D

This is a terrible disease.........

yes this is good !!! i cant wait ..!!!!!!

have fun in the caribbean...

see you in november :D :p :)

Melissa I posted on another thread when I saw you switched. Jumping ship from CCL to NCL. Freestyle will do that to a person. Once you've done freestyle it's hard to go back.

I'm thinking of Princess next time, due to they have a form of freestyle and I haven't been on one of their ship yet.

I will let you know all about Acapulco and Ixtapa when I return. Your posts sure have helped me!

No not at all. I just e-mailed Melissa offline and on cc with a lot of questions. She did a lot of the tours and things we are thinking of doing.

With looking at your future cruises you are pretty busy this year.

Work keeps gettting in my way of more cruises. LOL

Melissa I posted on another thread when I saw you switched. Jumping ship from CCL to NCL. Freestyle will do that to a person. Once you've done freestyle it's hard to go back.

I'm thinking of Princess next time, due to they have a form of freestyle and I haven't been on one of their ship yet.

I will let you know all about Acapulco and Ixtapa when I return. Your posts sure have helped me!

yes i kept thinking about it ... and then i thought for the same price .. actually cheaper by like 200,, ( since i have a coupon) we can go to the places we wanted to see the 1st time,, and also the freestyle.. i think i am hooked,, i would go on another cruiseline somewhere else but i like the ports that NCL star is going to,and i dont have to fly anywhere,, its like a 5 hr drive for us and freestyle will be good with the lil one...

our friends went on the Dawn princess and loved it.... from SF

its almost time for your trip. and no problem for all the info, im always glad to help.... and yes let me know about ixtapa and acapulco , especially safety wise.... im a paranoid parent ,a nd also what you do there...

thanks again and keep in touch ok...

melissa

Hi Melissa - My wife & I enjoyed the Star last year to the Mexican Riviera -in a few months we'll be taking her in the opposite direction to Vancouver before boarding HAL's Ryndam to Alaska. No freestyle dining on the Ryndam but we're late diners so I think we'll miss the dinner crowd with our late seating. Have fun on your cruise! Gene

Hi Melissa - My wife & I enjoyed the Star last year to the Mexican Riviera -in a few months we'll be taking her in the opposite direction to Vancouver before boarding HAL's Ryndam to Alaska. No freestyle dining on the Ryndam but we're late diners so I think we'll miss the dinner crowd with our late seating. Have fun on your cruise! Gene

thanks !!! yeah we loved the star... and the freestyle concept and just the laid back feeling we had on the cruise.. it was so relaxed and everyone was nice .. and the shows were good, and the food was great...

we cant wait to go again...

have fun on both of your cruises !!!!!! :)

We also signed up for the Star for another go around. But this will be 3 years in a row.......Just love the freestyle and the shopping in mexico...such an addiction. We were going to stay in PV for a week this year, but just coldn't hanlde the heat for a full week. I just love the cooking and cleaning by someone else...........:)

We also signed up for the Star for another go around. But this will be 3 years in a row.......Just love the freestyle and the shopping in mexico...such an addiction. We were going to stay in PV for a week this year, but just coldn't hanlde the heat for a full week. I just love the cooking and cleaning by someone else...........:)

I totally agree..... i love not having to clean or cook for 8days !!!

i really love mexico also and the ports the STAR goes to, we didnt get to go to ixtapa or acapulco so im excited we get to this time

and we are taking our 5 year old daughter on her 1st cruise so its good that we know the ship and know what to expect... and it was a positive experience......

yes we might have to go again next year :)

So is 11/14 going to be a cc get togther cruise?

Cruising, you've been on different itineraries on the Satr. Is this your first time to the M.R? I seem to remember you posting Hawaii twice and I see Alaska listed. That has me thinking this is the first time to the M.R. on the Star.

If she is anything like the Dawn which I've read she is. I can see why you sail her over and over again. I'm actually looking at the Dawn itinerary and I would sail her again in a heartbeat just wasn't crazy about the Fl. Bahamas itinerary been there done that.

With the new Caribbean itinerary I'm thinking of sneaking in another cruise this year in the fall. I don't need airfare then NYC is only a 90 minute drive for us. Airfare from the east coast to the west is a killer especially over spring break. It really adds to the cruise expense. Now if I can only get time off from work that's the hard part.

It will be interesting to see what changes will be done (carpet, pictures, etc.) after they go thru the dry dock next month. I know some of the carpets in the main areas need replacing. Talking to some of NCL folks they can't stand the carpet in the Grand atrium in the reception area.:)

It will be interesting to see what changes will be done (carpet, pictures, etc.) after they go thru the dry dock next month. I know some of the carpets in the main areas need replacing. Talking to some of NCL folks they can't stand the carpet in the Grand atrium in the reception area.:)

I hope they replace the chairs in the showroom.. they are horrible!!!!:)

other than that, i think it will look awesome

Don't be surprised to see "FRIENDS OF MELISSA" meeting listed in the daily bulletin, for people addicted to cruising.

Hi I'm Melissa, and I am a cruisaholic...

;) hahahahhaa

that would be good, i wonder if we would get any special treatment

and its better than alcoholic:rolleyes:

Don't be surprised to see "FRIENDS OF MELISSA" meeting listed in the daily bulletin, for people addicted to cruising.

Hi I'm Melissa, and I am a cruisaholic...

how many cruises have you been on ? this is our 4th? not totally cruiseaholics yet are we?

I think I am on 11. Two more coming this year. I can't list my cruises in my sig because I don't remember which year they were!! :)

I did American-Hawaii 7 day cruises twice (independence&constitution)

Carnival Destiny 7 day southern carribean from Puerto Rico

Disney, only 4 day and was so pissed it ended so soon, should have done 7

Princess Regal 10 day Montreal->NYC

RCCL Legend of Seas 14 day panama canal Florida-> San Diego

Celebrity Zenith 14 day Argentina to Chile route

Celebrity Century 7 day western carribean

Holland America Statendam 7 day northbound Alaska

NCL Star 7 day maiden voyage Hawaii

NCL Pride Of America 7 day Hawaii

Half of those I did solo.

Next up is:

Pride of Hawaii 11 day repositioning (maiden voyage SF->HNL)

Holland America Amsterdam 10 day NYC->Montreal (not 100% yet)

I would add just want you wrote in your signature. Who said you had to add years? I like to see the sailings listed in a signature it helps when you are asking questions.

I think I am on 11. Two more coming this year. I can't list my cruises in my sig because I don't remember which year they were!! :)

I did American-Hawaii 7 day cruises twice (independence&constitution)

Carnival Destiny 7 day southern carribean from Puerto Rico

Disney, only 4 day and was so pissed it ended so soon, should have done 7

Princess Regal 10 day Montreal->NYC

RCCL Legend of Seas 14 day panama canal Florida-> San Diego

Celebrity Zenith 14 day Argentina to Chile route

Celebrity Century 7 day western carribean

Holland America Statendam 7 day northbound Alaska

NCL Star 7 day maiden voyage Hawaii

NCL Pride Of America 7 day Hawaii

Half of those I did solo.

Next up is:

Pride of Hawaii 11 day repositioning (maiden voyage SF->HNL)

Holland America Amsterdam 10 day NYC->Montreal (not 100% yet)

you definetley are then !!!!! im just getting started ,,

im only 27!!!!!! at least I got 3 under me now ;)

So is 11/14 going to be a cc get togther cruise?

Cruising, you've been on different itineraries on the Satr. Is this your first time to the M.R? I seem to remember you posting Hawaii twice and I see Alaska listed. That has me thinking this is the first time to the M.R. on the Star.

If she is anything like the Dawn which I've read she is. I can see why you sail her over and over again. I'm actually looking at the Dawn itinerary and I would sail her again in a heartbeat just wasn't crazy about the Fl. Bahamas itinerary been there done that.

With the new Caribbean itinerary I'm thinking of sneaking in another cruise this year in the fall. I don't need airfare then NYC is only a 90 minute drive for us. Airfare from the east coast to the west is a killer especially over spring break. It really adds to the cruise expense. Now if I can only get time off from work that's the hard part.

This will be our first time to Mexico via cruise. We've been to Mexico several times though (twice to Ixapta and Zih.).

This will be our first time to Mexico via cruise. We've been to Mexico several times though (twice to Ixapta and Zih.).

i wanted to ask, about the difference between the balcony and the mini suite.. do you think its worth the xtra money?

just wondering since i looked at your pics !!! :) they were nice

Archived