Columbus,Ohio cruisers. Amazing airfare alert!!

mnhenderson

I just got airfare to Tampa for $149.00 round trip.Southeast flys out of Rickenbacher to St. Pete. I know these are smaller airports,but I think that could be a plus. Our friend works at Rickenbacher and has good things to say about this airline.I checked around and could not find anything less than $242.00 for our October sailing.I saved about $300.00 on the 3 tickets I just wanted to share my good fortune with the rest of you Buckeyes.You can find them at flyseal.com Happy Cruising!! Mariann

Sensation 10/11/04

Mariann's B-Day Cruise!!

Pride 10/02

Sensation 11/01

Ecstasy 4/01

Tropical 8/00

Big Red Boat 8/99

Looks like you are almost on your way. I can't wait to get to double digits on the count down clock.Locking in the airfare is a big relief. I was getting worried, as prices seemed to be going up instead of down.Have a drink for me and have a great cruise. Mariann

Sensation 10/11/04

Mariann's B-Day Cruise!!

Pride 10/02

Sensation 11/01

Ecstasy 4/01

Tropical 8/00

Big Red Boat 8/99

That's a good deal. Also as an FYI, I got rountrip airfare to New York out of Akron for $136.00. It's on Airtran. My mom's going with us in July on the Victory and she lives up that way so it worked for us. Thanks for the heads up!

Carnival Miracle, April 04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;07;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til my next cruise fix on the Victory!

Looks like the small airlines are the way to go.Glad you got a good deal.I figure cab fare will be a bit higher from St. Pete,but surly not $300.00 more.By the way I went to college at Mount Union in Alliance. Small world,huh?

Sensation 10/11/04

Mariann's B-Day Cruise!!

Pride 10/02

Sensation 11/01

Ecstasy 4/01

Tropical 8/00

Big Red Boat 8/99

Thanks for the info, we are leaving out of Tampa in Dec. Is it too early to book now?

Miracle 12/04

Imagination 04/04

Legend 12/03

Imagination 03/03

Pride 07/02

Inspiration 08/01

Paradise 12/00

Holiday Summer 87

Big Red Boat(Royale)Summer 86

Cruisin3times,I think they are booking through the end of the year now.Check the website.I don't know if I can put the link in here,but try a search under flyseal.Good Luck, Mariann

Sensation 10/11/04

Mariann's B-Day Cruise!!

Pride 10/02

Sensation 11/01

Ecstasy 4/01

Tropical 8/00

Big Red Boat 8/99

Thanks for the heads up. I have heard good things about that airline too. I have already booked for December with another airline, but only because of frequent flyer points. The lowest fair I have been able to find is the same $242 that you found.

--------------------------

"Semper Gumby" - Always Flexible

12/01 - Victory (Victory Review)

2/04 - Fascination (Fascination Review)

It's a Miracle! Cruising on the Miracle 12/12/04!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;12;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

( Miracle 12/12/04 Roll Call)

I couldn't get the "cheaper" airfare to come up when I did Columbus to Tampa on Southeast's website. The cheapest price was $272?

I too have airfare of $242 for Nov travel to Tampa on Continental airlines & would be interested in the cheaper airfare for the future. BTW Continental has raised the airfare twice in the past month on this flight, so I am glad I booked it back in March. Looks like prices are slowly inching upward icon_frown.gif

I got an email this morning from Airtran about a fare sale from Akron. They have rates of $89 each way for Tampa and Orlando. They also have a great to Boston for $49. The only catch is that the discounted fares aren't valid on Friday or Sundays and you have to travel before November.

One other idea is that you can set up email alerts on Travelocity so that they'll email you when the rates for certain cities goes down. Thanks!

Carnival Miracle, April 04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;07;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til my next cruise fix on the Victory!

I think we paid $242 for our trip to Fort Lauderdale from Columbus. But that was for a straight through Delta flight. Much easier with the two kids to have a non stop. I know that we something can cut our rates in half if we drive to Dayton and fly to Florida from Dayton. The prices are much cheaper from Dayton airport than from CMH.

Glad to see so many buckeyes here.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;06;14;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Lido deck here I come!!

I've noticed too that the rates from Dayton Airport are much lower than Columbus. I live in Delphos a 1/2 hour away from Lima so Dayton is much closer for me. I was looking at rates to Tampa or Orlando for the fall it was around 150.00 but the agent said if I went out of Detroit on Spirit I could get a rate of $78.00 taxes included that is what I did because for me it was 2 hours either way... So if you are near Toledo/Detroit might want to check Spirit Airlines....

Kimmer

Betsy,I just checked the flyseal website and they have the whole month of November for 69 on way.Since you said Columbus to Tampa,(SOutheast flies Richenbacher(Columbus) to St. Pete)maybe you were looking at Southwest.I got the wrong site a couple times using the search feature. Good Luck. Mariann icon_cool.gif

Sensation 10/11/04

Mariann's B-Day Cruise!!

Pride 10/02

Sensation 11/01

Ecstasy 4/01

Tropical 8/00

Big Red Boat 8/99

wow that is a good deal, I just checked for Dec and it is 69 dollars also. How far is St. Pete from the port in Tampa?

Miracle 12/04

Imagination 04/04

Legend 12/03

Imagination 03/03

Pride 07/02

Inspiration 08/01

Paradise 12/00

Holiday Summer 87

Big Red Boat(Royale)Summer 86

Cruising,I asked that in a thread yesterday and got a few different answers.The general consensus seemed to be that both airports are "about" the same distance from the port.I don't know how to link the threads,but if you click my name and choose recent posts,you will find the thread. Good Luck,Mariann

Sensation 10/11/04

Mariann's B-Day Cruise!!

Pride 10/02

Sensation 11/01

Ecstasy 4/01

Tropical 8/00

Big Red Boat 8/99

I fly down to Tampa a lot. I keep checking AirTram they run good deals but have to catch them. If do not mind driving to Cleve. Check out USA3000 it is Apple charter they go direct to St Pete. They run good deals but selected dates. If can be flexibe they are good deal. We are going to Ft Lauderdale in Oct. Have to leave out of Akron due to jobs. I also prefer Akron since I live in Uniontown.

d&c

Archived