Boarding the Serenade in San Juan....

I'm also on the Mar 4 sailing......It says that boarding time is at 2:00p.m. We are staying in SanJuan for a couple of days prior to boarding and of course hotel check out is 11:00 a.m. Will be cabbing it to the port. It's been 12 years since I have cruised out of San Juan is there a terminal now to wait it? Has anyone had any experience getting on board before 2? Guess we could just hang at the hotel, but heck I'm so excited to get on board I can't stand it!!! :) LOL

We are also sailing the Serenade, but in April. I plan on going to the pier about 11 a.m., checking in, dropping off our carry-ons in our cabin, and then grabbing a bite to eat. I have done this on the last few cruises and it is fabulous to be one of the first on the ship. Go early! You will probably be one of the first on the ship!

I'm also on the Mar 4 sailing......It says that boarding time is at 2:00p.m. We are staying in SanJuan for a couple of days prior to boarding and of course hotel check out is 11:00 a.m. Will be cabbing it to the port. It's been 12 years since I have cruised out of San Juan is there a terminal now to wait it? Has anyone had any experience getting on board before 2? Guess we could just hang at the hotel' date=' but heck I'm so excited to get on board I can't stand it!!! :) LOL[/quote']

We sailed on the Serenade Feb 11. We arrived at the pier by 11:30 and went right onto the ship. They told us our room would not be ready until 1:00pm, but we were able to drop our carryon and go to the windjammer (opened at 12:00) for lunch. We had time to explore before the crowds arrived. I believe that once you check in,you can leave ( go tour Olde San Juan via taxi) and come back to the ship later. Happy cruising!

Go to the pier at 11:00. Chances are you'll be on and walking around an empty ship by 11:30. Have a great time I was on that cruise last year. it's wonderful. The ship is beautiful and the islands are the best yet.

Archived