Adventure Ocean Question for Oasis

We are first time Royal cruisers and first time cruising with our extended family.  We have 3 grandsons who will be ages 7 1/2, 9 and 11 at the time of our cruise next April.  The first question I have is the age groupings for Adventure Ocean.  I think I have seen that they have separate groups for 3-5, 6-8, and 9-11.   I have also seen mention of just one grouping of 6-11.  Does anyone know which it is?  If it is the former, how strict are they about it?  The reason I ask is that our three grandsons are very close and are used to doing everything together; if the 7 1/2 year old has to be separated from his older brothers it would ruin his (and his parents') vacation.  The second question I have is whether there are opportunities to play video games for this age group while in Adventure Ocean (yes, I know that video games are the bane of civilization, but I'm only the grandparent.)

It depends on how many kids and their age ranges are on a particular cruise. But you can certainly request they be kept together.

Some ships do have video games, but it varies what and how many consoles in AO

Edited by smokeybandit

There are tons of things for them to do besides going to Adventure ocean where they will be together. No need for this to ruin their vacation. They're not all in the same classroom at school. The kids will be fine going to separate classes. If you don't make a big deal about it, the parents don't make a big deal about it, then the kids won't even care. Tell them it's like school. They will understand and be fine. Key is don't make a big deal about it. They will feed off the parents energy. Keep it light, fun and exciting.