Anyone tested positive just before their cruise? What do RCL do?

Just now, mpdahmer said:

F0r $130 we took the travel guard insurance...

We bought 3rd party insurance with very good coverage, so I'm not worried, except that is seems as if RCCL forces me to quarantine after Sept. 30th, then they won't reimburse me for those "missed" cruise days.  I'm not sure if my insurance would consider that "post-departure interruption" - I suspect not.  

2 hours ago, rudeney said:

We bought 3rd party insurance with very good coverage, so I'm not worried, except that is seems as if RCCL forces me to quarantine after Sept. 30th, then they won't reimburse me for those "missed" cruise days.  I'm not sure if my insurance would consider that "post-departure interruption" - I suspect not.  

We bought 3rd party insurance as well since I had a bad feeling about going to Europe this summer.  Filed the claim last week and waiting to hear what they come back with.  Because we got a refund from Royal, I'm dreading the insurance company trying to offset our quarantine costs against that.  Sitting in a hotel room in Malmo Sweden for 5 days (couldn't find a room for that long in Copenhagen last minute) is definitely not the same as being on a cruise ship.

• Like 1