Grandeur 3rd Deck - Safes/refrigerators?

Has anyone just returned from Grandeur 5 nites to Coz and GC and can tell us if there are safes and refrigerators in the ov cabins on deck 3? :confused: :confused: Thanks for the help! And, how did the tendering go?

Answers on equipment are correct. Didn't do Coz in Dec., but was amazed at how well they did tendering at GC. They had you go to the centrum just before tendering started to get tendering tickets, and people with RC excursions were given preference. We didn't have an RC, so expected a wait - out number was called within 5 minutes. On the way back, almost no waiting, even though busiest time.

There is not a charge for the safes. You simply swipe one of your credit cards to activate You also use your credit card to open and close. This is for security purposes so that no one but you will have access. Again, there is not a charge.

Was on Grandeur 2/11 to 2/16. Tendering in Cozumel was no problem. The next day at Grand Cayman was very rough. In fact, they were advising people not to go ashore at all. We were in tender group 6 and did not get called until about 11:30 or so. I know there were at least 16 groups, because a couple at our dinner table were in that group and it was not called until after 1:30 so they did not go ashore at all. Tendering back to the boat was no problem.

Hope you have a great trip.

There is not a charge for the safes. You simply swipe one of your credit cards to activate You also use your credit card to open and close. This is for security purposes so that no one but you will have access. Again, there is not a charge.

Hope you have a great trip.

Can you use your SeaPass as the 'credit card' ? Personally, I have no need for a credit card while on the ship and would prefer to keep all of them in the safe.

We were on the GS the week of 12/26

Tendering was a piece of cake, easy off easy back on.

Yes you can use your S&S card but they advise not to, as the room streward acess key would then be able to open the safe. Just take another card along then after locking the safe store it in a out of sight location like your toiletry bag and leave it in the room. That way one person can open if back in the room with out the other. You can even use an old expired hotel key, it just has to have a magnetic strip

Have a great trip we loved it!

We were on the GS the week of 12/26

Tendering was a piece of cake, easy off easy back on.

Yes you can use your S&S card but they advise not to, as the room streward acess key would then be able to open the safe. Just take another card along then after locking the safe store it in a out of sight location like your toiletry bag and leave it in the room. That way one person can open if back in the room with out the other. You can even use an old expired hotel key, it just has to have a magnetic strip

Have a great trip we loved it!

Thanks! Those types of safes would be great for a hotel.. but a cruise ship .. not so much.

I'll probably do as you advise and hide a card

to secure any item that you don't put in your safe, consider this tip: put it in your suitcase and lock w/combination lock (TSA approved for checking bags) - bags easily store under the bed and remain accessible to you. the combo lock keeps unwanted intrusion at bay.

I had heard (please correct me if I'm wrong!) that you can use any type of card that has a magnetic strip on it. Like a dead gift card or something along that lines? :confused:
Interesting... That means I could use my "Sam's Club" card, and keep my credit cards in the safe!!

Archived