MSC Divina & MSC Seashore current capacity

Hello -

In two weeks, my family and I will be doing a back-to-back cruise on both the Divina and then the Seashore. I am inquiring from any "recent" cruisers, how many passengers have been on each ship and how are the current mask mandates / health concerns dealt with on each ship. Any feedback from recent passengers sincerely appreciated. Thanks 

Was on for 2 weeks B2B in June 2022. 3000 passengers 250 B2Bs. On again July 9, 2022 4100 passengers. Service in Yacht Club still the best in the cruising industry. No masks, but we wore them in the Madison Theatre or anywhere a crowd might congregate. Only staff wear masks all the time. We are 'hard of hearing' without masks, one can imagine noticing the staff having to pull down their masks so we could understand them. Guessing from many reports on social media, that many catch covid while on the cruise which manifests itself when they get home. This reason alone I prefer one week cruises to recuperate a few weeks before taking another cruise. But DW likes 2 week cruises. Recommend taking several 'do-it-yourself' covid tests in the event during the 2nd week one gets symptoms. All B2Bers will be tested on Thursday of week 1. All staff and crew are tested weekly. A good reason for taking a self test is financial. Should one feel symptoms and rush over to the Medical center on board, it has been reported by one passenger that when he went to medical center on one ship( not MSC) with symptoms it turned out he was negative and had a sinus infection. Doctor gave him some pills and his medical bill on the ship was $3000 (3 thousand dollars). Had he tested positive his bill would have been $0 (zero). So a $15 covid test kit could save people money.

• Like 1

P.S.  As an answer to how health concerns are dealt with on MSC ships. We had the same question in January 2022 before we began booking cruises. We had our TA ask "What happens should my clients come down with covid ?" Her rep replied " It will be dealt with on a case by case basis." (That really clarifies the matter ???)

Edited by morpheusofthesea

I thank everyone for their reply and although I am glad to hear that more are enjoying cruising, I definitely plan on employing all universal COVID safety precautions as the passenger count has increased to almost pre-covid levels. Correct me if I am wrong, but I have read that currently Seashore is at 80% pre-covid capacity and Divina is at 65%. Thanks 

11 hours ago, Seadweller001 said:

I got Pink Eye last year on the Meraviglia, saw the Nurse, then the Doctor, got antibiotic drops all for $125.

$3000? someone is telling a story.

I know I took a picture of this FB poster's medical bill receipts. In the meantime: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3276065/Man-hit-1-000-medical-bill-falling-ill-board-cruise-ship-despite-drip-ONE-HOUR.html?fbclid=IwAR0xcHjbzCbGD1GM_FIbAkGCixCZldUY70I3FX_EHIRnol-7pDuVbIiulEo

59 minutes ago, JAGR said:

At least the cost went down!

Here's one that went up !

One guest was charged £154 ($247) for replacement blood pressure pills costing 84p ($1.35) while another had to pay £2,500 ($4,000) for an overnight stay in a ship’s medical centre, consumer magazine Which? Travel says.

https://shipmonk.co.uk/2013/10/30/cruise-passengers-left-sick-by-onboard-medical-bills/

MSC has no such ridiculous charges.  Maybe some smaller cruiselines do but MSC is very reasonable if basic medical attention is needed.

The Divina Physician, Doctor Peter is an amazing caring young man. My insurance co. reimbursed me in full for the Pink Eye diagnosis and treatment.  If I went to our local ER the bill would have been 3X and my waiting time in the Waiting Room would have been hours.

kudos to MSC

• Like 1

Returning to the original questions:

We are on Divina this week.  Passenger count is about 3000 and at 70%.

Masks are not required except for infants and toddlers.  Crew is still "mostly" wearing them (as sometimes completely down around chins) and very very few adult or teen guests in masks. 

Cannot relay as to what if any protocols if one is sick as they are not published or announced.

Curious about the infants and toddlers wearing masks.  Do you see very small children wearing them?  We will be on the Seashore in September with my (then) 13 month old.  Are you seeing babies that age with masks?

2 hours ago, margsipie said:

Curious about the infants and toddlers wearing masks.  Do you see very small children wearing them?  We will be on the Seashore in September with my (then) 13 month old.  Are you seeing babies that age with masks?

Honestly no. In my humble opinion, if a parent is compelled to mask their infant, probably the infant should stay home and not go on the cruise.