Miami Marriott Biscayne bay

dizzy205

Hi:

We stayed in Dec 2005. Nice hotel....the best views of the port. Breakfast was great! Room was OK. If you get the pre-cruise it will include 2 transfers in their van to the port you just have to sign in at the desk and pick a time you would like to go. The van driver was excellent! Also you MUST request a SE view.

We took a cab to Bayside marketplace and had a bite at the Hard Rock over there. I do have to say after dark I was VERY happy to get back to the hotel. Not a good area at night. Wanted to get some last minute things @ Walgreens but did not venture over there, again...bad area at night or to walk as other posters do mention. Cabby's were very scary! We stay in Boston all the time and I felt much safer there and with the cabby's there. Also stay at a Marriott there and Biscayne Bay does not even come close to it.

I liked it but will not be staying there next cruise. Room could have been cleaner (I think I'm the only 1 who feels this way) but I also did not complain. We arrived later than expected due to flight delays and did not feel like complaining.

Friends we met on the ship stayed at Holiday Inn across from Bayside and loved it. It seems to get mixed reviews.

Hope this helped. Enjoy your cruise!

I travel alot and stay only at Marriots, this one is my favorite outside of the one in Seattle at the port. Pay the extra money and get the waterview, we get one on the top floor, corner room, spectacular. Only downside is you need to cab it to south beach or bayside, but those are less than 10 minutes away. Parking in the lot is very expensive, though, I'll warn you!

When I booked, I stated that I wanted a port view. My reservations say either a port view or a terrace view. I called and had them make a note that we wanted a port view-NOT a terrace view...so hopefully we will get what we want. You would think that since I booked 9 months in advance we will get what we want....but you know Murphy....

We are renting a car since we will be there 2 days pre-cruise. Thanks for all your help...keeps the posts coming!! I read somewhere that there is a Senior Frogs near there, is that true? We will be meeting the rest of our posse the day before sailing, and we wanted to get together somewhere.

Archived