Platinum level : Priority reservations at Main Dining Room??

gazingm42

24 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

It means if you choose 6 pm or 8 pm dining, you get priority in your choice of times. If you are Diamond you get Guaranteed dining time choice.  Doesn’t apply to Any Time dining.

That is how I read it as well.  When we booked today he said 6PM was closed and no waitlist.  I thought

I would at least be placed on a waitlist.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gazingm42 said:

That is how I read it as well.  When we booked today he said 6PM was closed and no waitlist.  I thought

If it is not available before you cruise, go down on the first day to the dinning room and ask to be changed to the time you want - flash them your Platinum card (like have it out in your hand when you walk up so they see it).  They do try to make arrangements to change you if possible and the higher the color of your card, the better response you usually get in my experience.  I just went to YTD so I could go whenever I wanted, much better IMHO.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought & have used it a number of times, to ask for a table of 2 at set time Dining instead of sharing a table with strangers. 

Had to share on first couple of cruises, now no worries always a table for 2.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

Wonder why he said there was no wait list? Any time in the past if 6 pm wasn’t available, our pvp waitlisted us, and have always gotten it. 

I talked with them again today and said there was no 6PM sitting available and the 6PM is closed, no

waitlist available.

• Like 1

Just wow, I’ve never heard of it being totally closed! As others have said, as it gets closer to your cruise time keep checking, and failing that, try going to dining room hostess when you get on board. You’ll have to update us after your cruise to let us know what happened.

We have booked a number of cruises short notice (not last minute but a few months before) where early dining was filled and there was no wait list.  There was nothing Carnival rep or the TA could do.  But the first day I go to the dining inquiries, usually around 1pm, and was able to get early dining every time on the spot. Boarding early with platinum we have normally eaten by that time and go down to the mdr and often are first in line.  Between that and being platinum, as others have suggested, the change seems to be a no brainer for them.

On 7/25/2022 at 9:55 PM, gazingm42 said:

What's the big deal?  Go on the app at 530 when the venue opens and be seated around 600.  If you like the service that you get the first night, just tell them to make a note in the system and they should be able to accommodate you.

16 hours ago, nycruise1 said:

We have booked a number of cruises short notice (not last minute but a few months before) where early dining was filled and there was no wait list.  There was nothing Carnival rep or the TA could do.  But the first day I go to the dining inquiries, usually around 1pm, and was able to get early dining every time on the spot. Boarding early with platinum we have normally eaten by that time and go down to the mdr and often are first in line.  Between that and being platinum, as others have suggested, the change seems to be a no brainer for them.

Noticed on your signature that your Pride European cruise next year is #24 for you.  If you sneak another one in somehow, then the Pride would be your 25th, entitling you to 25% OBC off of the base rate.  Of course if you plan a more expensive cruise after the Pride that would be even better.

4 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Noticed on your signature that your Pride European cruise next year is #24 for you.  If you sneak another one in somehow, then the Pride would be your 25th, entitling you to 25% OBC off of the base rate.  Of course if you plan a more expensive cruise after the Pride that would be even better.

Toying with the idea of a B2B since we will be there anyway.  Perhaps we can catch another European promotion the way we did with this one last spring.  Yes it would reduce the 25% OBC, but still would save the 75% out of pocket, and thanks for the thought,

1 hour ago, nycruise1 said:

Yes it would reduce the 25% OBC, but still would save the 75% out of pocket, and thanks for the thought,

You don't have to use the milestone perk immediately.  I held mine and applied it to a cruise a year or so later if I can remember right.  Just kept waiting for that really $$$ one lol, especially since I cruise solo and pay double so that gives me nice OBC.