Who has been on a Members Cruise ?

I wanted information from fellow cruisers that have been on a Members Cruise.

What are the benefits of going on a Member Cruise ?

I searched through Royal Caribbeans Website and they do not tell you much about what savings you get compared to other cruises and activities that members participate in.

Royal Caribbean claims you get great savings booking a stateroom for these cruises.

I do not see how you save money booking a stateroom as prices listed are the same for members as non-members.

We are looking at Member Cruise on Serenade of the Seas for 1/27/07 to Southern Caribbean and would love this cruise itinerary.

Is there any true savings other than a coupon out of Crown & Anchor magazine for that sailing date ?

Thanks for any info you can provide...

Bob:)

While I haven't been on a Members Cruise myself...

If you were to go to the ROLL CALL thread for this cruise I know the answer is posted.

That PLUS you will get to see conversation that has been going back and forth with the members of that thread.

There have been a lot of questions asked and answered specifically for this cruise.

It might save you time and angst to check it out.

Bottom line from what I have learned about them...

...activities that include free adult beverages

...C&Aers get more little free things than just the one like on reg cruises.

...depending on C&A level you will get even more free things

I could be wrong - I can't wait to find out!!:D

Hope this either helps or peaks your interest in taking a peek at the thread. :)

We were on the Empress a few years back leaving NY to Bermuda, this was a members cruise. I do not believe there is any savings to C&A members vs any other coupon for any cruise. The fun part was getting special C&A gifts in your cabin every evening. Some were nice, others are sitting somewhere in my home. What i liked most about the cruise was there were so many people with years of cruising, that you learned so much info during the week. I've learned so much on this board, but there was a wealth of info if you asked. C&A night for all members was really too crowded, but the private platinum/diamond was really nice. You need to experience a members cruise atleast once. Go and enjoy

took a Member's Cruise on Celebrity and sailed in Concierge Class. WOW!!! would love to do that again; alas, the timing is never good for us. It was Excellent (not cheap) pricing - service was over-the-top. I agree about meeting up with so many other seasoned cruisers. It was really quite fun and oh boy....the GIFTS! every night there was a surprise...not much "gotta have", just more like stuff that's fun to get. I always toss between Celebrity or RCI.....we luv the Concierge Class on Celebrity, but we love the Concierge Lounge on the SERENADE. so many cruises, so little time:rolleyes:

This cruise was a member's cruise. Although we did receive a lot of inexpensive gifts in the room, because we were only Gold Members at the time there was not a lot of value to us. We paid more per person than the weeks before and after this cruise. The diamond and platium members have much more going for them on this cruise. Special excursions, parties, etc. I am now Diamond and would book another member's cruise only if I could get it for the same rate for the going cruise. Hope this helps.

Amy

Archived