Excursions

apocalypse36

Has anyone done the El Yunque Forest Tour? If so, how is it? I'm looking for a fast-paced, adventurous excurison, so any suggestions would be helpful. I'm cruising in 3 days on the Voyager and really don't want to book thru RCL. Are there any independent operators in PR that are recommended?

Whoa.....kind of late to be booking outside excursion..... but here's my 2 cents worth.....

Trying to do rainforest tour the day you arrive prior to getting on ship?

Trying to do rainforest tour the day you get back prior to airline flight?

Staying pre/post cruise and have the better part of a day to spend at the rainforest?

First two are "don't try it - you'll be disappointed" as it doesnt allow much time to see much while actually at the rainforest.... 1-1.5 hr drive out there (depends on traffic) and 1-1.5 hr drive back. The shortest hike to a waterfall (La Mina) is an hour down and an hour back up - altho you can see some from tour bus (but they dont really stop).

So if you have the time - call your hotel concierge or desk manager and ask for help with "tour". They will be your best bet (our concierge was great helping us).

Archived