Ice Coffee & Non Dairy Milk Options?

Thisisj0lie

I’m sailing on Carnival Radiance next week and wondering if anyone knows what the ice coffee situation is? Or has anyone brought their own on board? 

I’m considering bringing either cans of cold brew or my cold brew maker to leave in the fridge overnight. 

Also, does anyone know if soy or oat milk options are offered in the Lido or dining? 

I’m sorry if I sound super needy. I don’t drink much alcohol or soda and the thought of not having my ice coffee worries me 😅. Years ago, we bought the speciality beverage package on Royal Caribbean, it’s too bad Carnival doesn’t have a similar package. 

That’s a bummer about the no oat milk, that’s my preference in my iced coffee too,

Do you have the kind of cold brew maker that isn’t electric and just steeps in the fridge? I would totally bring that! 

Maybe it's going better for non-dairy alternatives now versus last year. When we were on Horizon and Sunshine last year most of the dining options only offered us soy milk, after they struggled to understand that we wanted non-dairy for our coffee - about the only time I'd have dairy in a significant amount to worry about it. After the first few struggles to not get dairy products, we just stuck to requesting soy milk since it took a while to even find out they had that. I usually prefer coconut milk for my coffee. More than once I was still given cream in the dining room after requesting soy milk; though to be fair they're probably so busy they're on autopilot. Next time I'll just bring lactaid pills or something 😅

18 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

I was on Radiance a few weeks ago. At the coffee shop, I heard people ordering lattes with soy and almond milk. Did not hear oat milk.

14 hours ago, 3smithboys said:

I was on the Mardi Gras last month and asked about oat milk… it wasn’t an option. Almond milk was available. I’m assuming it’s the same on all of the ships. 

Good to know that there is at least an Almond milk option, thank you both! 

6 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

That’s a bummer about the no oat milk, that’s my preference in my iced coffee too,

Do you have the kind of cold brew maker that isn’t electric and just steeps in the fridge? I would totally bring that! 

I do have a cold brew maker that just steeps in the fridge! Thinking of bringing that and buying some 12 oz cartons of Oat milk to keep in our room. We don't have to fly, so it's definitely doable for us haha

5 hours ago, CruiserLucas said:

Maybe it's going better for non-dairy alternatives now versus last year. When we were on Horizon and Sunshine last year most of the dining options only offered us soy milk, after they struggled to understand that we wanted non-dairy for our coffee - about the only time I'd have dairy in a significant amount to worry about it. After the first few struggles to not get dairy products, we just stuck to requesting soy milk since it took a while to even find out they had that. I usually prefer coconut milk for my coffee. More than once I was still given cream in the dining room after requesting soy milk; though to be fair they're probably so busy they're on autopilot. Next time I'll just bring lactaid pills or something 😅

So true! Might just need to bring some lactaid pills just in case lol 

16 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

Well, I just did not hear anyone ask for it so it may or may not be available.