Certificate of recovery

Hi, we are sailing in September and have a member of our group who tested positive and is now symptom free and negative. A PCR test was done for the positive result. So we are reading that being positive 11 to 90 days out from the cruise, which is where the member falls can use a certificate of recovery instead of getting tested again two days out from the cruise. Has anyone done this. Just go to the port with the certificate of recovery. Appreciate any info. Thx.

We are cruising next week and my wife has a positive PCR test and her doctor wrote her a letter of recovery.  She is not planning on testing and just bringing both documents (hard and electronic copies) to the ship to board.  My understanding is that is all you need to do.

Somehow I did not get it,  so testing for me.

We have done this. it is pretty straightforward, but check Royal Caribbean's website for details on what needs to be in the letter. They have a specific set of requirements and it varies from cruise line to cruise line.

When you arrive at the port, the person traveling with the LOR will get a sticker they need to wear until they get on the ship. The letter will also need a supervisor to approve, but that only adds about 2 minutes to the check in process.

Just keep in mind that Royal Caribbean said they would be announcing new protocols this week, so it is possible that things around a LOR change.