Carnival Panorama Tips

dav1041

On Baja California cruise now, first stop Puerto Vallarta.  Took a cab to Hotel Melia ($5/person per trip) and tried to get a resort daypass.  They turned us down (they obviously don't need any extra business), so don't waste your time there.   Walked to Marriott Beach Resort, got a daypass to the beach and pool area, 1200 peso per person, included a beach towel and 400 peso credit at the restaurant/bar.  Had pool chairs, umbrella, beach access and very attentive staff.  Pool is awesome and beach is nice.  

FD3F65CC-F182-4B42-9904-1A2D0F55ED20.jpeg

• Like 3

Meant to add covid-19 testing tips.   My family of 4 used onpoint teleservice, $15 virtual appointment per person, you provide your own test, we used the free ihealth antigen rapid tests, verification within 15 min, uploaded verification to verifly.   Verifly confirmed and approved everything.  Check in on cruise was a breeze if your verifly is completed.  

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 4:35 PM, dav1041 said:

Meant to add covid-19 testing tips.   My family of 4 used onpoint teleservice, $15 virtual appointment per person, you provide your own test, we used the free ihealth antigen rapid tests, verification within 15 min, uploaded verification to verifly.   Verifly confirmed and approved everything.  Check in on cruise was a breeze if your verifly is completed.  

Thanks for this information. I'm using OnPoint for the first time this week using the same test kit and it's good to hear it went smoothly.

I plan to take the family to the Marriott when we are on the Panorama in October. Thank you for confirming they are still offering day passes. I am hopeful the testing will be gone by then but plan to use On Point with our free tests so thanks for that info too. 

10 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

Were masks required in the Long Beach terminal and the Mexican ports?

We have sailed out of both Long Beach and San Francisco recently and masks were required at both terminals.  We did not venture far from the ships in Mexico (but did not notice masks being required).  

• Like 1