Fine Print on Waiving of Negative Test

garyc20

25 minutes ago, chloemonkey said:

Still SO confused.....as we sail on August 28th out of Rome......stay onboard for the next voyage which begins September 4th.....so TWO different set of criteria to deal with.  I feel as though I am going to have to ask some of the lawyer kids to read all of the "stuff" as I hate to think it....but feel as though we have lost a LOT of rights and reimbursement possibilities.....and the new docs are written in a way to not actually say that?  Just my humble opinion......But I am a bit niffed that all of this is happening after final payment, thousands more spent on beverage packages, airfare, extras.......It just begins to get overwhelming trying to understand it all.....

Yes traveling, even on an insulated cruise ship is complicated right now. If self-insuring does not fit your risk tolerance and you want some financial security, buy some travel insurance and you won't need to figure out what O-covers or have lawyers reading documents you may never need to use. If your medical insurance does not cover international trips, make sure you have that covered too. Since travel insurance is usually a reimbursement for costs, be sure to have large amounts of credit or cash available to pay for any emergencies. Treat Covid like any other medical issue from now on and you'll be as covered as you choose to be.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 10:58 AM, khuselid said:

I didn't comment on what would happen, just let ya'll know what O says. The clause is not applicable if they don't require testing. Whether they will reimburse you, or not, is probably a moving target. If I get the flu, while traveling, I don't imagine O would reimburse me for lost days. 

But if you get the flu, you are not forced to quarantine.....as most of us would agree, we have been next to WAY too many fellow cruisers coughing and hacking away onboard and on shore excursions.....

21 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Yes traveling, even on an insulated cruise ship is complicated right now. If self-insuring does not fit your risk tolerance and you want some financial security, buy some travel insurance and you won't need to figure out what O-covers or have lawyers reading documents you may never need to use. If your medical insurance does not cover international trips, make sure you have that covered too. Since travel insurance is usually a reimbursement for costs, be sure to have large amounts of credit or cash available to pay for any emergencies. Treat Covid like any other medical issue from now on and you'll be as covered as you choose to be.

Well, we DO have additional travel insurance....so maybe I should relax?  It's just hard as I like to "understand" what the policies are.....and do not feel as though Oceania is helping to make that possible.

2 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

Well, we DO have additional travel insurance....so maybe I should relax?  It's just hard as I like to "understand" what the policies are.....and do not feel as though Oceania is helping to make that possible.

Definitely relax since it sounds like you're good to go! Remember, the "old" Covid coverage from O only covered expenses AFTER your travel insurance paid up (so it was essentially secondary insurance). In other words, if your travel insurance covered everything, then O paid nothing. It actually favored those who self-insure since there was no (direct) extra charge.