Anyone cruised with 5 yr old to Mediterranean?

bp traveler

This would be my son's 4th cruise so he isn't new to cruising or travel but just wanted to know if anyone has or is planning to cruise to the Mediterranean with a preschool aged child.

We are considering it because it is crusing to areas we probalby would not fly into (Greece, Croatia, etc) and do a land based vacation. Plus we won't have to haul lauggage all over Europe.

We just sort of move at his pace and see the sights not as long as we might alone, but it is still nice.

Anyone else considering taking a young one with to Europe?

Bp traveler -

My girls are also very experienced travelers; I've done Europe several times with small kids, including a 5 year old and an 12 month old together, just never done it via cruise. My girls love to wander and look at stuff, so they love it. We are actually planning Galveston to Lisbon next year as our first med cruise and I can only imagine it will be even better than Europe by land, for just what you mentioned - no lugging baggage around!

I think that the key is what you already mentioned - go at his pace, not yours. Since he's already an experienced traveler, you already know the routine, so it should be great!

I am wondering if we will still need an umbrella stoller if there is a lot of walking. I would hate to have to carry him :(

One bummer about the ship we are looking at the Splendour of the Seas (RCI) does not have laundry facilities! Bummer.

Does anyone know if RCI rents strollers on their European cruises?

I hope we will have some posters who have done this and share any advice they can offer!!

Took our 4YO across Italy - Umbrella stroller was a godsend. Even just as a chair to sit on, it was great for her - ours had a mesh basket on the bottom so it was also just a great way to carry her "stuff" (preschoolers never travel light!)

Archived