Seven Mile Resorts-Beach Day Passes?

Ruthie123

Does anyone know which resorts on Grand Cayman's Seven Mile Beach offer beach day passes so that you can enjoy their beach, restaurants and use their lounge chairs etc? I read that there are a few but can't find out which ones. Thanks!

Hey Ruthie,

The Ritz and Marriott don't allow day users, the Westin is $113 p.p. all-in, the Courtyard charges $8 per chair but is across the road from the beach, the Hyatt charges $35 which includes a $15 food/booze credit, which won't go far b/c the cheapest drink is $15 and the food is even more, the Royal Palms is free but no pool, and the Colony is $5 but crowded b/c it's the place the ship beach tours use. I don't know about the Windham, kind of small anyway. For us the best deal is the Comfort Suites, free day use for cruisers, we're going to try them in 2 weeks.

Bottoms up!

-Bob

I think the Comfort Suites is across the street from 7 Mile Beach but assume they have a nice pool?? We used beach across the stree from the Holiday Inn a couple of years ago and was disappointed. The area has a snack bar and the restrooms which are public. Restrooms were totally disguisting. Years ago, the old Holiday Inn was the best spot on 7 Mile Beach but the land is now high-end condos. Not sure where the best spot is now on 7 Mile Beach??

I think the Comfort Suites is across the street from 7 Mile Beach but assume they have a nice pool?? We used beach across the stree from the Holiday Inn a couple of years ago and was disappointed. The area has a snack bar and the restrooms which are public. Restrooms were totally disguisting. Years ago, the old Holiday Inn was the best spot on 7 Mile Beach but the land is now high-end condos. Not sure where the best spot is now on 7 Mile Beach??

Comfort Suites is on the beach side of the road, but people have said it's about a 50 yard walk to the beach, so it's set in a bit. Here's a gov't map link showing good detail, every building and house on the island as of 2001:

http://maps.caymanlandinfo.ky/imagemapfiles/gcindex.htm

It loads slow on dialup, better on high speed. Click on section 23 for the 7 Mile Beach area from the Wharf restaurant (#43) up to Lawrence Blvd, and you can see the Comfort Suites beside the Marriott at the top. I'm guessing access is by walking between those 2 resorts. CS has loungers at the beach.

Here's the link to their site, you're right the pool looks nice:

http://www.caymancomfort.com/html/facilities.html

-Bob

Hi ...good info...

any idea the price of drinks/light food (maybe conch fritters or ?) at the comfort suites??

I am going on Imagination in May, and would prefer a nice hotel to chill at

also I have an idea bout maybe booking a spa treatment at a hotel ? would that get one a day pass or? I know that here in south florida if you get a spa treatment at a resort you can usually use their facilities for the day, I may email them <grin>

when you say westin...that 113 is "all inclusive" or ?

Just trying to figure options...I am NOT really crazy about fish and stingrays *yes I know everyone loves it...and the turtles might make me sad, I am the sort of person who cant stand to see any animal cruelty, even the stray dogs on islands make me very sad LOL

so I am open to ideas...wonder if there is a menu or price guide for comfort suites? thanks in advance

Cheri

Imagination...May 8-13..Grand Cayman/Ochos Rios

Hi Cheri,

No I don't have drink or food prices for the CS, I've read some reviews, might have been on Trip Advisor, and ppl said snacks and sandwiches were reasonable. Yup we like hanging at the hotels too, nicer to have snacks and drinks around the pool in a lounger, and we like the fresh water pools better than the salt water ocean, even tho' it's gorgeous to look at.

Yes I've heard of free passes for spa users, I think the Ritz in St. Thomas did that. Hey, like those sexy couples massages on The Bachelor show? Atta girl. Don't know if any GC hotels offer that.

Yeah the Westin was all-in for $113. That's pretty high ... also, we arriving at the CS around lunch time and we sail at 4, so we gotta leave about 2:30, not long enough to make all-incl worth it. Unless ya chug a few :-)

About the rays, if you like nature you will love the rays. On the Stingray Sandbar tour you are in shallower water (3-4 feet) than the 12 feet deep Stingray City tour, and they swim around your feet. You hold bait from a floating bait can on the palm of your hand, and they swim across your hand and suck up the food, like feeding a horse, feels like a little vacuum cleaner. You can see them all coming out of the depths when the boat arrives, they know it's meal time, and it's quite a sight.

-Stingray Bob

Bob is right about the stingrays- it is a fantastic experience for nature lovers, we took our children several years ago and they still talk about it. We won't be in cayman for another year but I have started my research just to dream during the snowy days here. Keep us posted on the Comfort inn :)

Chris, yes I'll post about the Comfort Suites when we get back, we go next week. The gen manager emailed that he's a Canuck from our province ... I think that means he wants to buy all the drinks, right?!

Cheri, here's another idea to do the rays ... if you want a private uncrowded time with them, book a private dive tour, DiveTech is great, Nancy and Jay, and while the divers are bubbling you can snorkel around the rays, feed them at your leisure, no lineup at the bait pail, lots of bait so it doesn't run out, stay for much longer than the ship tours do, get private help from the crew. They go when the tour boats aren't there. But we had fun with our tour boat, lots of room to lay around on the catamaran netting, about 20 of us, a bit crowded but fun watching other ppl goofing around with the rays, the teen girls screaming when their wings touched their legs, the teen boys trying real hard NOT to :-) Nice underwater shots of us feeding them, $8 underwater camera from Walmart.

-Bob

Has anyone ever used the Westin's facilities?

Was it wortht the 113pp..? they look very nice online with pics etc...

I know 113pp is expensive.. but may be worth it if we can drink all we want.. ship will be in port from 730a-430p..

Anyone who has actually been to the Westin out there? an anyone give me any more info??

Opinions??

Also can;t wait to hear about the Comfort Suites..

Thanks,

Dawn

We were in Grand Cayman on 3/10 and used the beach behind the Comfort Suites. There is a vacant hurricane damaged hotel right on the beach behind the Comfort Suites. We just parked on the beach there. Great snorkeling right off the beach, and there were plenty of chairs to use which no one bothered us about. We didn't go to the Comfort Suites pool, but it looked very nice. Not sure if they offer any kind of day pass to use it.

-Ron

UgoGirl: Sea Grapes is halfway up 7 Mile Beach, near the Courtyard, probably one or 2 sections north of the Comfort Suites map section.

Chris and South: we're back, and we ran out of time in Cayman so we didn't get to the Comfort Suites. But I got email from Tom the manager that cruisers are welcome for free, and from Ron's description above it looks good. Jeez we didn't even take time for a fancy lunch, just ate the wraps etc we ordered from room service before we left, and took in our shore bags. Rented snorkel equipment from Divers Down at the Cali site, beside Hammerhead's bar. $10 for snorkel, mask, fins, and $5 for inflatable vest. Snorkeled the Gamma wreck, good fun, got some nice underwater shots, will post them soon.

-Bob

Hey Chris,

Got the review done, this link is with wide columns, got the date wrong, should read the 12th:

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/reviews/readreview.php?id=0000004977

and this link is narrow columns:

http://www.seacruisereviews.com/byrecentreview.asp?cruiseid=1308

The photo links are at the top of the review.

If these don't load right let me know.

Have you reviewed your cruises?

-Bob

Archived