New (to me) process for booking dining.

Catchum

I have always carefully followed the excellent advice on this forum - thank you Keith Jenner. This time did not go as smoothly as usual.

At 125 days out I went to make reservations using my platinum status to get in early. We have the "free at sea" four meal SDP plus two Latitudes meals. I booked the first four fine one being Moderno so I would not be charged. After I had booked four meals I could not book any more. The only dining options shown were complimentary ones and the offer to purchase an additional SDP for two meals or more. I used the online chat and the agent asked how many SDP meals we had then she was able to book our Latitudes meals.

I don't know if this is the new way forward or just my reservation but thought I would share my experience.

Interesting.

Just to clarify, you said that after booking the first four meals you could only see the complementary ones. Had the others disappeared from the dining page, or could you just not book them.

There is an issue at the moment which means that you can only book each restaurant once, but you can still see all the restaurants, they just don't appear in your basket if you add them.

I can see all the restaurants on my upcoming cruise despite having 5 booked, so it sounds like you may be seeing something different to what I have experienced before.

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

Interesting.

Just to clarify, you said that after booking the first four meals you could only see the complementary ones. Had the others disappeared from the dining page, or could you just not book them.

There is an issue at the moment which means that you can only book each restaurant once, but you can still see all the restaurants, they just don't appear in your basket if you add them.

I can see all the restaurants on my upcoming cruise despite having 5 booked, so it sounds like you may be seeing something different to what I have experienced before.

I was trying to book a second meal at Cagney's when I hit a problem. The system let me put the meal in my basket but I couldn't check out. I tried again and only complementary venues showed as options. I haven't gone back to look again though.

8 minutes ago, Catchum said:

I was trying to book a second meal at Cagney's when I hit a problem. The system let me put the meal in my basket but I couldn't check out. I tried again and only complementary venues showed as options. I haven't gone back to look again though.

Thanks.

It sounds like it is the problem that we knew about, but for some reason you had the extra issue of the restaurants disappearing. My guess would be that they would be back again if you went back, but its irrelevant as you still wouldn't be able to book them.

You did the right thing by contacting NCL anyway. The only ways round this that I know of are either to call/chat with them or wait until onboard.

9 minutes ago, Catchum said:

Lots of folks have had that same problem lately, including myself. The system won’t let you book more than one time at any specialty restaurant. You have to call an NCL rep to do it for you.